Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Core and German engineering meme

Forum for kitesurfers
ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Re: Core and German engineering meme

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:15 am

Just a little question out of curiosity - is it a standard practice to have a sewn loop without a splice or larkshead, on the thick black bridle line with the 2 pulleys on the XR5 ?

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:03 am

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:15 am
Just a little question out of curiosity - is it a standard practice to have a sewn loop without a splice or larkshead, on the thick black bridle line with the 2 pulleys on the XR5 ?
For sheathed line, sure.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:33 am

Cool - thanks Kam :thumb: Ive not noticed one since my PeterLyn Gorilla - a wee while ago..

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:45 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:32 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:20 pm

You are not taking into account how kite COREporations work.
I was saying how they can and should work, not how they do work.

Carry on with your rant. :)
Thank you for the clarification. So should I assume that an addition of "smilies" indicates a question to which you do not wish a direct answer for?

iriejohn wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:17 pm
OK, there are local variations and randomness in demand, but is this really too difficult to implement? :roll:
And let me apologize for giving you an answer to this question to which you may have applied a code indicating you kind of already know the answer but don't really want the answer or further discussion or opinions on since you are asking that particular question almost rhetorically or something. :?: (Please note that the prior sentence was intended to be over complicated and rambling in nature to follow along with the general theme of questions not really intended to be serious.)

But just in case that was all in jest, similar to a double negative, let me correct the issue you have in your call for a utopian corporate mentality.
iriejohn wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:32 pm
I was saying how they can and should work, not how they do work.
COREporations cannot function above the baseline morality of those who control them. In every instance of "for profit" COREporations, and almost every "non-profit", the mentality of those in that COREporation is mirrored by that COREporations actions and products. Just as you may find some good quality and horrible quality products in any COREporation's offerings, so do you find some good people and some of less quality. Finding only good people (and products) in a COREporation is not possible unless you also include "sole proprietorships" with only one employee/owner in with the pool of COREporations. And even then, as a human being's having good and bad within each individual, that exception can also be picked apart.

In all seriousness, I hope I have provided a correction to your postulate to which you do not take offense.

Rob_85
Rare Poster
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rob_85 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Some people have way too much time on their hands! Obviously no wind around!

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:30 am

unclebill wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:55 pm
I have been following these "Core" threads hoping for an answer to one question. Why Core US has no spare parts in the US?
Core does stock parts within the US. The trick is finding the source.
Here's one example:
https://321kiteboarding.com/collections ... pare-parts

Over my years of kiteboarding and also working as a manufacture representative (including within the kite industry), the one thing that I’ve found to be beneficial for customers of “import” brands is to know who the distributor is and their relationship to the manufacture. It’s also VERY GOOD to know what the distributor does in addition to distributing… that is if they do anything else.

For “import” kiteboarding brands available within the US, knowing this information can save one a lot of hassle when it comes to getting parts, warranty, and service.

Here’s a basic list of some of the distributors and/or retailers operating within the USA and the associated kiteboarding brands they're supporting (warning: this may no longer be current):

Adventure Sports, Florida – Cabrinha/NPSurf
KitePaddleSurf, Washington – Blade
Live2Kite, California – Axis
Pro Kitesurf/Kiteboarding.com, Texas – Ozone & Crazyfly
Session Sports, S. Carolina – RRD

321 Kiteboarding, Florida – Core
(family relationship to the US distributor)

CaliKites, California – Duotone/North/Ion
(family relationship to B&M USA)

Bay Area Kitesurf, California – F-One/Manera (direct sales available)

Boards & More USA – Washington – Duotone/North/Ion (no direct sales)

If anyone can add or confirm the info on this list, please do. I think it will be very helpful for all US buyers moving forward. :thumb:

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby deniska » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:30 am
Core does stock parts within the US. The trick is finding the source.
Here's one example:
https://321kiteboarding.com/collections ... pare-parts
Da Yoda,
you seem to be genuine in your desire to help, so I once again chime in.
The link above:
- does not have parts for the latest bar (not just the link, I checked the whole site). No coated lines, no SSF #18, no new rotator. So it would be useless for my situation. No mentioning of any kite bridles either (to cover for the other, closed thread)
- has inflated prices on parts. The parts that I replaced on my less than 1 year old bar so far would run for at least $250-300 shipped to me if purchased from them! I shit you not!!!

Now I could just get a new bar for that kind of money from say here: https://sessionsports.com/products/2017 ... pXEALw_wcB

My problem in the root post was not with finding parts, but rather with durability and maintenance cost issues.
I feel that the latest bar:
- has design/durability flows (rusty parts, too much friction/stress on some parts, etc)
- has way too many parts (about 20 different parts, at least half of which need to be replaced withing 6-12 months)

Hopefully CORE will address those instead of personal attacks on it's customers...

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:38 pm

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:33 am
Cool - thanks Kam :thumb: Ive not noticed one since my PeterLyn Gorilla - a wee while ago..
Regular dyneema is spliced, but brands like Cab and FS that use sheathed stuff loop and stitch, from what I've seen. Haven't looked that closely at my 2018 Cabs though :lol:

GregK
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Comox, BC
CANADA
Style: Average
Gear: Lift V2 Surf & HA wingsets
Ocean Rodeo kites & wings
Brand Affiliation: started Comox Kite Repair

Postby GregK » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:38 pm
sheathed stuff
AKA " double braid " - inner braid is Dyneema for strength and stiffness, outer braid is polyester for abrasion resistance.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:57 pm

GregK wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:37 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:38 pm
sheathed stuff
AKA " double braid " - inner braid is Dyneema for strength and stiffness, outer braid is polyester for abrasion resistance.
OMG - kite surfers unknowingly develop a new product... "KItedom"

For those having Problems with Load & Pop :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”