Re: Core and German engineering meme

Postby ulukaya » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:03 pm

GTC wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:32 pm
Toby wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:25 pm
How many pages you want to reach now?
Hi Toby! Do us (and yourself) a favor and block this user please
On what grounds? Spam? Hate speech? As far as I'm concerned I'm the one of the few with real affiliation data without fake accounts.
I didn't even start this thread. All I do is reply to their unending accusations with real answers so they can keep doing mistakes.

ulukaya
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oak Beach
Style: Big Air
Gear: Core XR5 9m,12m
Carved Imperator V 135x39cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ulukaya » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:08 pm

PullStrings wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:01 pm
james wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:46 pm
Man in the software industry giving lessons on acceptable profit margins... 😂😂😂
Goooglooo meme !!

As someone said on the previous thread if you were taking more time to do your job than trolling people here maybe people would buy kites from you.

I think I answered enough on this thread, I won't be posting here anymore. This thread is not about me, it's about Core's fake engineering marketing and service.

Lastly I need to remind you I'm the customer and you work for the brand. You won't last more if you keep harassing your customers.

The end.

BigSky
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Duxbury
Gear: Flysurfer, BRM and Lift

Postby BigSky » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 pm

Jesus. Ulukaya. Please stop. I was on your side but you're losing me fast. Every post is diminishing your original point. Anyone at Core Kites. It's widely accepted Pullstrings is CaptainCore and therefore representing your brand whether you think he is or want him to. He is, at least in my eyes and he's doing an incredibly poor job of it. His constant needling is simply perpetuating this awful PR.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Postby CaptainCore » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:47 pm

PullStrings wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:15 pm
Once i was about to give the OK to launch my 5m2 Waroo w/ 10m lines on slippery wet grass and decided it was too dangerous and wanted to live another day. The wind was very strong with total white out rain squalls.The windsurfers were getting hammered but having fun on 3.5m2. Best estimate was 40-55++++ knots wind.That was the one day i was jealous of my friends that never switched to kiting.I used to have a windsurf board speed needle 8'6"x 15" wide that i rode with a 3.0m2 Hot Sails for those kind of days.
This Gentlemen and lady, is a post by the poster Pullstrings back in 2015, so clearly not me nor any other of my alleged IDs since I hate Best kites with a vengeance and at that time I represented Core as did Brett the other guy being accused of using the Pullstrings ID. That's how you find out who's who, go back check their history. Now Ulukaya is now just a troll and here I am feeding him one last time, he has lied consistently and misrepresented just about everything in his hatred of the supply of a spare part for his Core kite, if he'd been around for any length of time he'd be grateful to still be able to get spare parts, you should try getting Slingshot spares or a warranty here in the UK these days .
The sad fact of life is that since 2007-8 the entire business has suffered at the hands of the various financial institutions and dealers are not able to raise the finance they once enjoyed in order to carry the sheer volume of stock that would be required to satisfy just one model year, never mind several and from several brands. Ulu has not been around that long so missed the golden era, those of us that have been around since the dawn of kiting time have seen the rise and fall of a proper market structure and are still trying to piece it back together. At the peak our companies might have had 100s of accounts, all holding various stock levels, but those days sadly are no more so we rely on a central stock and like it or not shipping costs are high, but for many that's better to have the item than not. It's not a perfect system but at present it's all we in the Core distribution chain have. But certainly we in the UK have been slowly building a stock of items that wear, mainly it was the depower rope which is common across a few brands, we're still selling 2007 model depower rope for Slingshot bars, but bridles? We have thousands (Slingshot)still in stock, they don't move, which was why this guys story didn't ring true as normal wear and tear.

The problem is, the more you feed a troll with facts the more he'll invent another, something we've also had plenty of experience with down the years. Toby has already closed one thread because he clearly knows more than we do and I'd be the last person to ask for a poster to be banned, but enough is enough this thing is not going to improve.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:37 am

CaptainCore wrote: It's not a perfect system but at present it's all we in the Core distribution chain have. But certainly we in the UK have been slowly building a stock of items that wear, mainly it was the depower rope which is common across a few brands, we're still selling 2007 model depower rope for Slingshot bars, but bridles? We have thousands (Slingshot)still in stock, they don't move, which was why this guys story didn't ring true as normal wear and tear.
I am just curious, what CORE considers normal wear and tear?
I.e. how many hours on the water before, you change bridles, #18 SSF rope, before swivel stops rotating, before depower and safety lines need replacement?
I am not trolling, just want to get official answer...
I well document my sessions (thanks to woo :-) ) I can tell you precisely how many hours I spent on a kite / bar since it was purchased, maintained or replaced..

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:14 am

I cannot confirm that pullstrings and CaptainCore are the same user. So please stop your accusations.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:45 am

deniska wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:37 am
CaptainCore wrote: It's not a perfect system but at present it's all we in the Core distribution chain have. But certainly we in the UK have been slowly building a stock of items that wear, mainly it was the depower rope which is common across a few brands, we're still selling 2007 model depower rope for Slingshot bars, but bridles? We have thousands (Slingshot)still in stock, they don't move, which was why this guys story didn't ring true as normal wear and tear.
I am just curious, what CORE considers normal wear and tear?
I.e. how many hours on the water before, you change bridles, #18 SSF rope, before swivel stops rotating, before depower and safety lines need replacement?
I am not trolling, just want to get official answer...
I well document my sessions (thanks to woo :-) ) I can tell you precisely how many hours I spent on a kite / bar since it was purchased, maintained or replaced..
It's not just Core, nor is it an industry standard, it depends on the beach, the type of sand, volcanic or sandstone, shingle or shale, what grade sandpaper would you require to wear down any structure with moving parts? There isn't a brand out there that doesn't experience wear and tear on moving parts. What there are, are different users in different parts of the world on different beaches with different levels of abrasion and water type. If I wanted to pull a figure I'd say 6 months is a fair expectation, I certainly wouldn't warranty any moving part on a kite control bar, made with spectra, dyneema, techtanium or unobtainium even for longer than that, regardless of who 'engineers' it. I've dealt with Naish, North, Slingshot, Dakine, even Takoon and trust me when I say they all get wear and tear issues. You as a kitesurfer must have been warned by whatever kite school you visited, it's kiting 101 to inspect for wear. It's also a basic necessity to wash out swivels and gear if you ride course sandy beaches, we're lucky where I ride mostly, it's shingle, stuff doesn't wear, but it'll discolour from salt water, even the best marine grade stainless will go eventually, it's sadly par for the course. I'm not telling you this as a brand rep or official spokesperson for any of those brands, this is just one guy who's been at it longer than most to another.

mattenzuchtig
Medium Poster
Style: freeride/wave
Gear: all that is good quality and affordable
Has thanked: 0

Postby mattenzuchtig » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:16 pm

oops

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:23 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:45 am
It's not just Core, nor is it an industry standard, it depends on the beach, the type of sand, volcanic or sandstone, shingle or shale, what grade sandpaper would you require to wear down any structure with moving parts? There isn't a brand out there that doesn't experience wear and tear on moving parts. What there are, are different users in different parts of the world on different beaches with different levels of abrasion and water type. If I wanted to pull a figure I'd say 6 months is a fair expectation, I certainly wouldn't warranty any moving part on a kite control bar, made with spectra, dyneema, techtanium or unobtainium even for longer than that, regardless of who 'engineers' it. I've dealt with Naish, North, Slingshot, Dakine, even Takoon and trust me when I say they all get wear and tear issues. You as a kitesurfer must have been warned by whatever kite school you visited, it's kiting 101 to inspect for wear. It's also a basic necessity to wash out swivels and gear if you ride course sandy beaches, we're lucky where I ride mostly, it's shingle, stuff doesn't wear, but it'll discolour from salt water, even the best marine grade stainless will go eventually, it's sadly par for the course. I'm not telling you this as a brand rep or official spokesperson for any of those brands, this is just one guy who's been at it longer than most to another.
I think we all understand harsh environment argument and how it's hard to compare longevity while setting up near an active volcano vs green grass ;-)
What I can compare easily is longevity of bars and kites from 2 different brands in the same conditions.
I own CORE and OZONE.
My ozone bars EASILY survive a year without contacting a dealer. The only part that shows some wear after a year is the line that runs next to the PU center line, and the replacement comes bundled with a bar, so no service calls, international shipping charges and other BS.
Now I am yet to see a single CORE bar that survived a year w/o service calls (I think I had about 4 bars already)!!!
So I think a fair expectation is that a "premium brand" bar that is priced higher would last same or longer.
I can get ozone bar for $400 and core for $550 from here: https://www.realwatersports.com/collect ... ntrol-bars
Now as far as service, goes: ozone bar has main line set, 2 lines for the trimmer and megatron release thing. I don't think you ever need to change megatron part I just don't see how it may fail, so essentially it's 5-6 parts that may need service. Now count how many different parts the CORE bar has ;-) we keep mentioning SSF rope, part #18 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Within my first year I have ordered 2 replacements for plastic coated ropes, de-power rope, SSF #18 and quick rotator assembly! The rotator got rust and does not rotate freely, the donkey dick is about to fall off, plastic coated lines get chewed in a matter of weeks!!!
I really try to like the bar, I do, but seeing the development "progress" over the last 4 years, it looks like their innovation is basically trying to patch issues with play doh and bandages.
I'll elaborate on that:
They started with a plastic bar that was breaking in 2, so the next version was reinforcing it with a metal bar. Then that metal bar started to rub on the center lines. The auto-untwist thing is a great feature in theory, but the implementations sucked. They further tried to patch it, adding bar inserts (to protect the lines), adding plastic covers on the ropes, adding ceramic bearings.. but, guess what? This still does not work! Thus my frustration.

Same goes for bridles - no wear on ozones ever, changed bridles on Xr3, XR4 kites within a year.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:42 pm

The solution then is simple.

Go and use Ozone I'm sure it's wonderful kit.

Return to “Kitesurfing”