Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Trying to find old video - help!

forum for kitesurfers


bennyfg
Rare Poster
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:40 am
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Bristol based - no local beaches!
Favorite Beaches: Too many.
Style: Strapless surf, a bit of freestyle
Gear: Whatever I can get my hands on.
Brand Affiliation: None

Trying to find old video - help!

Postby bennyfg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Hey all,
I'm trying to find some videos I remember watching years ago, maybe 2007?! They were black and white, kinda goofy, silent movie style - I think. Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks
Ben

4liner
Rare Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:56 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby 4liner » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm

This one here starts out in black and white and has some B&W sections but then it continues in color. Brings back memories. I actually watched this at a friends house and I decided right then and there that I wanted to go to the Columbia River Gorge.....and I did....stayed for 2 months camping at the Wind Ranch on the Bingen, WA side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZXeok2 ... xmg&t=165s

phpBB [video]

Hugh2
Frequent Poster
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 7 and 9, Cabrinha Vector 12, Best Bularoo 16
Long Ocean 134 and 136, Cyclone 140, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Slingshot Hoverglide foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby Hugh2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 pm

While we are digging up old windsurfing videos, there was a VCR tape back when of a guy riding on an Easterly in the winter at the Gorge on a tiny sail and getting clobbered. I can't find it on YouTube, which is a shame because it was a classic piece of film.

alfredo68
Medium Poster
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:44 am
Kiting since: 2009
Style: wave
Gear: blade
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby alfredo68 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:03 pm

4liner wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm
This one here starts out in black and white and has some B&W sections but then it continues in color. Brings back memories. I actually watched this at a friends house and I decided right then and there that I wanted to go to the Columbia River Gorge.....and I did....stayed for 2 months camping at the Wind Ranch on the Bingen, WA side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZXeok2 ... xmg&t=165s

phpBB [video]
Good Vid!! Good Memories! missing my windglider ,F2, sailboardsmaui, Angulo, AHD etc Never made it to the Gorge tho, looks like +40 K in some vids!!! :thumb: :thumb:

4liner
Rare Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:56 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby 4liner » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Hugh2 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 pm
While we are digging up old windsurfing videos, there was a VCR tape back when of a guy riding on an Easterly in the winter at the Gorge on a tiny sail and getting clobbered. I can't find it on YouTube, which is a shame because it was a classic piece of film.
That might have been Pat Dougherty on a tiny Rushwind sail. If it's the one I'm thinking of. (He is now in a wheelchair from a motorcycle accident).

User avatar
bay surfer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:30 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: The Dam Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lake Michigan Beaches, OCX
Gear: Airush, Best, Switch, LF boards, Home Brewed Foils and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Traverse City, MI usa

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby bay surfer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:00 pm

Great Vid, Just watching them, I can see how my arms are toast. Alway thought it would be fun to ride a pole board again. But hell why would you...
Vid I what to see, I think Toby or some other person, trying to ride Foil boot skis. from back in the day.

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 37578
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Contact:

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby Toby » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Wasn’t me

Hugh2
Frequent Poster
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 7 and 9, Cabrinha Vector 12, Best Bularoo 16
Long Ocean 134 and 136, Cyclone 140, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Slingshot Hoverglide foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby Hugh2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:48 pm

4liner wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:53 pm
Hugh2 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:49 pm
While we are digging up old windsurfing videos, there was a VCR tape back when of a guy riding on an Easterly in the winter at the Gorge on a tiny sail and getting clobbered. I can't find it on YouTube, which is a shame because it was a classic piece of film.
That might have been Pat Dougherty on a tiny Rushwind sail. If it's the one I'm thinking of. (He is now in a wheelchair from a motorcycle accident).
That's it, unfortunately nothing on YouTube from him or of him. Sad to hear about his accident. I still ride a motorcycle, but a lot more conservatively than I did back then.

Hugh2
Frequent Poster
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 am
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 7 and 9, Cabrinha Vector 12, Best Bularoo 16
Long Ocean 134 and 136, Cyclone 140, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Slingshot Hoverglide foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby Hugh2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:54 pm

alfredo68 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:03 pm
4liner wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm
This one here starts out in black and white and has some B&W sections but then it continues in color. Brings back memories. I actually watched this at a friends house and I decided right then and there that I wanted to go to the Columbia River Gorge.....and I did....stayed for 2 months camping at the Wind Ranch on the Bingen, WA side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZXeok2 ... xmg&t=165s

phpBB [video]
Good Vid!! Good Memories! missing my windglider ,F2, sailboardsmaui, Angulo, AHD etc Never made it to the Gorge tho, looks like +40 K in some vids!!! :thumb: :thumb:
I can't say I miss my windsurfing gear, which slowly decays in the garage these days. I did make it to the Gorge for three days back in summer 1992, riding Seatrend boards. Classic setup for satisfaction. Started out at Exhibition Beach on an easy 5.5m day and 9'8" board, then out to Doug's on a 4.5m and my 9'2' board, and finally a day at Fish Hatchery avoiding dying on my 3.7m sail. Could not even do a carving gybe at the time!

Been back once with kite gear two years ago and had a blast working upwind from Exhibition Beach to Fish Hatchery and riding the swells on a surfboard one day on 9m and jumping TT the second day on 7m. Sweet place, but a little boring after a while compared with ocean downwinders.

or6
Frequent Poster
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:29 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding, strictly strapless
Gear: RRD Religion 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3"
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Trying to find old video - help!

Postby or6 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:55 pm

The guy you are referring to, baysurfer, might be Cory Roesseller: https://youtu.be/IKYwpPPHxaM

OP: This movie? Goofy all right, black and white, pioneers: https://youtu.be/vAhXuuFDYFo


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], evgentz and 11 guests

cron