Buyer beware: Nineplus wetsuits

Forum for kitesurfers
alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Buyer beware: Nineplus wetsuits

Postby alford » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Back in May I ordered a wetsuit from Nineplus, a "boutique" wesuit company that specializes in smooth skin #39 Yamamoto neoprene suits.
As soon as I opened the package I knew the suit wasn't for me, it just seemed way too delicate. Without trying it on I got a return authorization number and shipped the suit back with a label I paid for from Nineplus.
To make a long story short it took nearly three months to get my $350 some dollars refunded. To get my money I needed to file a compliant with PayPal despite having proof that the suit was delivered back to Nineplus via FedEx tracking. Many emails were sent, most of which were never answered or when they did, they flat-out lied saying they'd issue the refund "tomorrow". For me, this was easily the worst online shopping experience EVER! I feel lucky to have my refund and I'm sure glad I used PayPal. I'm not certain but I think PayPal actually paid for the refund. It all worked out but it was a very time consuming process. PalPal does not make it easy either, their process requires you to traverse a maze of menus and codes and is not mobile friendly at all, but ultimately they came through. Thankfully I have access to a PC.
Nineplus is a brand to stay away from, in fact run the other way, beware!

Return to “Kitesurfing”