Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Traceup no longer working X3

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Traceup no longer working X3

Postby Laughingman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi there

I have voiced my support for this gadget and have used them since the kickstarter went live. But now I am not certain the company is all that great. We have 3 traces devices, one from the kickstarter that stopped working years ago and 2 more which are just over a year old and they have also stopped working. They just flash green, red and blue... I have tried to contact trace via there facebook page and their support email and so far I have heard nothing back. The support link on the web page is a dead link.
This company does not seem to have an after sales support team at all.
I wonder what other trace owners experience has been?

Cheers
Pete

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: Reedin Supermodel V3 7,9,11m, Duotone Juice 13m
Saul Custom Wave Board 138cm
Nomad Superleggera LW 142cm
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Traceup no longer working X3

Postby andylc » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:40 pm

They started off well and then when I started having issues initially were responding and now nothing. I don't think they are supporting the device any more and sadly probably to be considered defunct.

bc-sf
Medium Poster
Gear: naish parks, xride tt, slingshot celeritas

Postby bc-sf » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:33 am

General consensus is that they went bust.
Dealers can't order more, and support is dead.
Everyone who I know had theirs last about 1 year before it stops working. Too bad, because it was a pretty cool product otherwise. I would probably have replaced mine. If yours still works or you can get your hands on one, their upload service is still working, and you can still see your sessions, but eventually they'll probably let the servers expire.

The widget business model isn't a great one - it needs to be subscription based in order to survive long term.

coffeeking
Medium Poster
Gear: Waroo 9, Yarga 13.5, F-one Mach1 18.1, FS Speed5 12m
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby coffeeking » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Mine's still working strong and I'm happy with it but I've not had reply back from the support team. That said, the app was updated recently and they have more products listed than when I first bought, so I doubt they're defunct. I haven't been able to buy mounts for a while, other than from their site direct in 3's which is a painful import process, so I made a compatible mount in shapeways

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3CWP4 ... s-tracker

skideeppow
Medium Poster
Local Beach: None, landlocked CO
Favorite Beaches: Maui, Turqs, Hood River for Aug
Gear: Drifters, 2018 7, 9, Airusdh Ultra 12 2019

Postby skideeppow » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 pm

i got one a few years back. It never worked right. Ended up returning it. I remember i was riding my strapless Vader and it said i have 35 feet of air. Yeah in my dreams. My 5 inches.

coffeeking
Medium Poster

Postby coffeeking » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 am

I can confirm they're not defunct and still active and supporting it, but not currently producing more surf related products at the moment, thought not ruling it out in future. Got an answer within minutes of emailing them.

bc-sf
Medium Poster
Gear: naish parks, xride tt, slingshot celeritas

Postby bc-sf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 am

coffeeking wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 am
I can confirm they're not defunct and still active and supporting it, but not currently producing more surf related products at the moment, thought not ruling it out in future. Got an answer within minutes of emailing them.
Wow! what did you ask or say to them? As for me, they are definitely not supporting it. No response/reply to contact on their site, through email, facebook dm.
Maybe they'll come out with version 2, with higher jumps and faster speeds :naughty:

coffeeking
Medium Poster

Postby coffeeking » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Found the support email address on google play store and emailed it!

Return to “Kitesurfing”