Medium Poster
Style: freeride / wave
Gear: Naish Dash/Pivot, Ozone Enduro
Nobile T5/NHP
Brand Affiliation: None

Naish Ride vs Dash

Postby czezz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:06 am

Hi everyone,
does anyone here have an experience with Ride and Dash?
Dash is supposed to be replacement for Park. However Im also curious about Ride as they say its All-round/Freeride kite (pretty much like Park was, huh) ?
Last edited by czezz on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Re: Naish Raid vs Dash

Postby Dirk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:43 am

You probably mean the Naish Ride. That is as a 2-strut Delta shape. I have never ridden one, but it is closer to the Pivot, with the Pivot having more performance.
If you are looking for a kite very similar to your Parks it is the Dash as a C-shape hybrid kite.
I had Parks (2013/2014), switched to Pivots to get more wave performance (although that kite also is a great jumper) and have a 9m Dash in the quiver for TT riding.

czezz
Medium Poster
Nobile T5/NHP

Re: Naish Raid vs Dash

Postby czezz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Hey Dirk, ya i mean Ride of course ;)
(corrected now)
Thanks for your reply.
Btw. any issues with air leak/octopus system with your kites?

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Re: Naish Ride vs Dash

Postby Dirk » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:35 pm

In all the years I have used Naish kites with the Octopus system I only once had to replace a LE bladder on a 2016 Pivot, as it was leaking at the inflate valve. I know that there is the old myth, that it is so hard to maintain/repair. That was probably the case when the zippers at the struts were smaller (maybe 7-8 years ago). I received a replacement on warranty, but repaired the leaking bladder while I was waiting for the new one. Taking it in and out took me about an hour and I made a mistake in between as it was the first time I ever did this.

Sometimes people criticise that when you deflate the LE that struts can also automatically deflate as the one way valve does not seal the air flow 100% any more. That can happen, especially when the kite is a bit older. I believe the reason is that over time sand can get stuck in between the seal.
Some might argue that this is a risk when out on sea and the kite deflates via the LE , so you get less of a buoyancy aid.
Not really relevant for me. In the ocean I never go out further than I am able to swim back in case something goes completely wrong.

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:41 pm

I wouldn't call the Ride delta. It only has two struts and a pretty boxy shape with straight line trailing edge between them. A pretty defining trait of the delta shape is the long central strut and more pointed wingtips that allow the kite to have that near single line self stabilizing trait of their name sake.

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Those two kite are not even the same category, there is not real kite to kite comparison. But here ya go, my thoughts:

Ride is a beginner friendly Free ride kite with two struts that relaunches easy, has low end grunt and is relatively lightweight. It is good for mowing the lawn and basic jumps/spins and such. It will kiteloop, but not very good for that.

Dash is, while not a "C" kite, a C like kite in it's feel and performance. It has higher bar pressure, turns blazing fast and requires constant input from the rider. It is an incredibly fun kite for the rider that like to do the most basic wakestyle moves like ralies, S bends and such. It is also great for kitelooping.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:07 pm

The ride and dash are as opposite as they can be. I've ridden and owned both.

Ride is a powerful sheet and go style kite. Very forgiving ...but with great qualities. A few of my friends that have been kiting for a long time swears to it for wave riding and freestyle strapless riding. Not a delta kite tho.

Dash is a dive and go kite. It likes to be actively ridden like the park. I'd say it's a bit more aggressive than the park, but you'll find more of the park DNA in this kite.. especially the park HD when they started moving it closer to the torch.

czezz
Medium Poster
Nobile T5/NHP

Postby czezz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Hey, thank you all for replies :)
One another question - if I decide to take Dash (9m), which bar should I choose (does it matter)?
I still have old Naish 2013 Universal Bar 2013 - would it work as a backup bar with new Dash 2019?
I was using this one with Park 7,9,12 and worked perfectly.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:58 pm

czezz wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:42 pm
Hey, thank you all for replies :)
One another question - if I decide to take Dash (9m), which bar should I choose (does it matter)?
I still have old Naish 2013 Universal Bar 2013 - would it work as a backup bar with new Dash 2019?
I was using this one with Park 7,9,12 and worked perfectly.
Yeah the old bar should work. I would check for line stretching tho. I don't have a specific preference between the BTB and ATB...its really up to your preference. I do know they have tweaked the ATB cleat. The one I have is super smooth and easily adjustable.

czezz
Medium Poster
Nobile T5/NHP

Postby czezz » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 am

I have just found that BTB bar weight 3kg !!! whereas ATB is only 1.2kg (like the old one I have).
Can anyone confirm please the waights? (I hope it is only website error)

BTB:
https://www.24-7boardsports.com/naish-t ... ol-system/

ATB:
https://www.24-7boardsports.com/naish-2 ... ol-system/

Return to “Kitesurfing”