Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Hurricane Florence and Dimitri Maramenides

Post your videos here. Use the "Video" tag to embed Youtube and Vimeo videos!
nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Hurricane Florence and Dimitri Maramenides

Postby nikalaitzian » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Hello guys check this video from Hurricane Florence.

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Re: HURRICANE FLORENCE and Dimitri Maramenides

Postby fernmanus » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:56 pm

The best part of this vid is that he has an entire fan full of multiple kites, boards, bars, and No PUMP! 😂

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Topaz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:58 pm

I was expecting a kiting video of an awesome rider in epic conditions, but most of the video was DM showing off his van full of gear and some weather news. Disappointing.

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:05 am

fernmanus wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:56 pm
The best part of this vid is that he has an entire fan full of multiple kites, boards, bars, and No PUMP! 😂
that's how you know it was real :lol:

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Re: Hurricane Florence and Dimitri Maramenides

Postby pmaggie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 am

Dimitri IS real. I don't own an Epic kite nor I'm a fan or promoter (never had the chance to test one here in Italy) but I think Dimitri is a very positive guy who works passionately for his business, I can't understand why he is criticized every time he shows his kites and boards. Every day I read ads from quite every brand "game changer", "light years ahead" and so on speaking about a new model that's 10% different from the previous one, isn't this worse than Dimitri showing his stuff?
I prefer seeing a pro like Dimitri jumping insane high that reading why a new bar will change my life with a redesigned chicken loop.

About Nik, who posted the video, I personally met him in Kos and he is one of the most friendly guy I ever met, always ready to help and to give good advices.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:09 am

pmaggie wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 am
Dimitri IS real. I don't own an Epic kite nor I'm a fan or promoter (never had the chance to test one here in Italy) but I think Dimitri is a very positive guy who works passionately for his business, I can't understand why he is criticized every time he shows his kites and boards. Every day I read ads from quite every brand "game changer", "light years ahead" and so on speaking about a new model that's 10% different from the previous one, isn't this worse than Dimitri showing his stuff?
I prefer seeing a pro like Dimitri jumping insane high that reading why a new bar will change my life with a redesigned chicken loop.
Ditto. :thumb:

Although I wanted more riding in the video too.

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Style: Freeride
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:26 am

pmaggie wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 am

About Nik, who posted the video, I personally met him in Kos and he is one of the most friendly guy I ever met, always ready to help and to give good advices.
Same for me.
Will have to watch the vid later (work..)
Also met Nik a while ago, near Athens, indeed a very friendly and helpfull guy!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:34 pm

I guess Nikos found this video in my FaceBook page and wanted to share it with you guys.
One thing you have to understand is that the news always make things worse then what they appear. The interesting part is that I did say this during the interview when I came out of the water, but I guess they cut it out. If you go to my FB page "Dimitri Maramenides", you will see another video from another TV news guy bashing me because I was out kiting. The weather was like a normal North Eastern we get here on the Outer Banks NC. I've kited in way worse conditions then that.

The good thing about this is that I made it in few different TV News channels which is good free advertising for my company, and to have some fun I use one of the TV channel videos and added some of my own action video during that day to come up with what you saw. I specially love the end of the video when all these peoples are on the beach and did not evacuate. Just so you know 80% of the people did evacuate the island because it was coming towards us.

Also I do have lot's more footage but I did not want to make this video more then 5 minutes long. Plus I was able to film only for 35 minutes because my GOPRO battery died :evil: (always happens with GoPro) and the weather was getting worse by the minute so I had to be more careful and pay more attentions of the debris and the big waves I had to go over.

Concerning some of the people on this post bashing me...well you can't pleased everyone. Plus few of them are probably jealous they did not go kiting during a storm. :lol: :thumb:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 4.04.04 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 1.04.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 1.12.26 PM.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Hey Mr.Topaz,
This is another video Catching Alberto storm in FL from an epic rider. This time no van and no EPICKITES equipment showing.
Enjoy it :kiss: :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5xo2tkqTU&t=29s

Topaz
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 150
Local Beach: South Florida
Gear: Cabrinha / North-Duotone

Postby Topaz » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:36 pm
Hey Mr.Topaz,
This is another video Catching Alberto storm in FL from an epic rider. This time no van and no EPICKITES equipment showing.
Enjoy it :kiss: :thumb:
Thanks Dimitri!
Don't get me wrong. I was disappointed with the video because I was expecting more action. Not disappointed at all with your riding or your kites, which I never tried.

And yes, I may be a bit jealous cause I don't have your skills or couldn't ride the storm, but that's not the reason I didn't like video. I just don't like kiting videos with tons of time showing no kiting action.

Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry for the 'show off'. i shouldn't have written that. You're promoting your gear, of course.

Return to “Videos”