Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Info need on kite bar

forum for kitesurfers


Franky54
Rare Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Pointe du Lac, Qc, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Where the sun is shining
Style: Begginer
Gear: Cabrinha SB 10m and 14m 2009
Cabrinha overdrive 1x recoil 2018
Brand Affiliation: None

Info need on kite bar

Postby Franky54 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:46 pm

I bought 2 kites BS 2009 with bar used. On both bar the override clamp and ring are missing. I didn't know before I saw it on YouTube. So now I tried to find those 2 parts but didn't find anywhere.

I have now to buy a new bar and check for an adjustable length one. So in that case the same bar will fit on the both kite, 10m and 14m. I know there old but I start the sport so I didn't want to put to much money before I know if I realy like it. I Took security courses and 2 kite courses yet.

I check for good bar I can learn and progress a bite. Usually I check for the new 2018 Cabrinha overdrive 1x recoil, but when I read on that forum and some other one, Cabrinha look like not to be a good bar. I check on use one and I see 2017,2018 and one 2019 Cabrinha bar to sell used. I don't see other brand on those year to sell used, so if people sale it that fast I thing what I read is right.

So wish brand and model is good bar adjustable to use on my both four lines kite. In the moment I'll do only free ride but I would like to do freestyle when I'll be a better kiter, if I still like the sport.

I was attracted by the cabrinha recoil because they said it's fit for the little person with small arms, which is my case. I measure 5'3 "or 162cm.

Do you have any suggestions

User avatar
rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:51 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Leeupan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: GK vSonic 6 & 11
Cloud C2 17
Progeni Mutare
Xelerator door
Hoff DD140
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Info need on kite bar

Postby rynhardt » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:49 pm

Maybe post a picture of your bar? If you are lucky it may require only a small fix.

Alternatively you need to find out what type of bar you need for your kites before going to market.

Some bars are designed to work with equal length kite lines, others not.
Some bars have a low V split and others a high Y split.
And you also get 5 line bars vs 4 lines.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Not what you're using
Brand Affiliation: iKitesurf
Location: Western USA

Re: Info need on kite bar

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:17 pm

Franky54 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:46 pm
I bought 2 kites BS 2009 with bar used.
I'm assuming you meant two Switchblade kites? Cabrinha's 2009 Switchblades I believe were spec'ed with a front "two-line" safety system (mini-5th) up till 2013. Two-line safety systems have been pretty much phased out now, including Cabrinha's, but many (not all) older kites will work fine with modern "single-line" safety systems.
I'm not sure about Cab's backwards compatibility, so I'd recommend contacting them and confirming if their "single-line" safety bars going back to 2014 to present are compatible. I'm sure someone will eventually chime in confirming this as well.

If considering going with a different brand bar, you'll need to confirm if the 2009 Cab was designed for a high V point on the front lines or a low V. I can't remember how their kite was designed back then. Lets say it was a low V design... if that's the case, then almost any modern bar ranging at 48-55cm width would work well (good width range for 10-14m kites).

If it's a high V, then your options are very limited now. Duotone, 2018-older North, Core, and F-One are about it with some smaller brands also having some offerings. F-One's 2018 Linx bar has an adjustable V point making it work on both styles of kites, so that could be a possible option. The North/Duotone Click bar also has an adjustable V point.
Good luck! :thumb:

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 720
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Not what you're using
Brand Affiliation: iKitesurf
Location: Western USA

Re: Info need on kite bar

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Franky54 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:46 pm
I was attracted by the cabrinha recoil because they said it's fit for the little person with small arms, which is my case. I measure 5'3 "or 162cm.
Some brands have an adjustable reach like North and Duotone as examples. Once you confirm what bar can work, focus on bars with the adjustable reach. :thumb:

Franky54
Rare Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Pointe du Lac, Qc, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Where the sun is shining
Style: Begginer
Gear: Cabrinha SB 10m and 14m 2009
Cabrinha overdrive 1x recoil 2018
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Info need on kite bar

Postby Franky54 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:17 pm
Franky54 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:46 pm
I bought 2 kites BS 2009 with bar used.
I'm assuming you meant two Switchblade kites? Cabrinha's 2009 Switchblades I believe were spec'ed with a front "two-line" safety system (mini-5th) up till 2013. Two-line safety systems have been pretty much phased out now, including Cabrinha's, but many (not all) older kites will work fine with modern "single-line" safety systems.
I'm not sure about Cab's backwards compatibility, so I'd recommend contacting them and confirming if their "single-line" safety bars going back to 2014 to present are compatible. I'm sure someone will eventually chime in confirming this as well.

If considering going with a different brand bar, you'll need to confirm if the 2009 Cab was designed for a high V point on the front lines or a low V. I can't remember how their kite was designed back then. Lets say it was a low V design... if that's the case, then almost any modern bar ranging at 48-55cm width would work well (good width range for 10-14m kites).

If it's a high V, then your options are very limited now. Duotone, 2018-older North, Core, and F-One are about it with some smaller brands also having some offerings. F-One's 2018 Linx bar has an adjustable V point making it work on both styles of kites, so that could be a possible option. The North/Duotone Click bar also has an adjustable V point.
Good luck! :thumb:
Yes my both kites are Cabrinha Switchblade IDS with Powerdrive IDS control bar.

I already wrote to Cabrinha and there is the answere they gave me. I don't know for the V shape but with what you wrote, I think is low V point because I can take new Carbinha bar. It's a 4 lines bar. What can be the best bar for small arm, adjustable to buy only one bar for both kites. I can buy Cabrinha but not sure there good bar after what I read and see to sale on use stock on the market.
Attachments
Screenshot_20181008-181119.png
Last edited by Franky54 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Franky54
Rare Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Pointe du Lac, Qc, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Where the sun is shining
Style: Begginer
Gear: Cabrinha SB 10m and 14m 2009
Cabrinha overdrive 1x recoil 2018
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Info need on kite bar

Postby Franky54 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:30 pm

rynhardt wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:49 pm
Maybe post a picture of your bar? If you are lucky it may require only a small fix.

Alternatively you need to find out what type of bar you need for your kites before going to market.

Some bars are designed to work with equal length kite lines, others not.
Some bars have a low V split and others a high Y split.
And you also get 5 line bars vs 4 lines.
There is picture from the manual. You can see that bar and the part I didn't have. They call the pieces override sleeve and the ring to keep the center line in the proper position. There's the video
phpBB [video]
Attachments
Screenshot_20181008-182209.png
Screenshot_20181008-182132.png

User avatar
rynhardt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:51 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Leeupan
Favorite Beaches: Langebaan
Style: Freeride
Gear: GK vSonic 6 & 11
Cloud C2 17
Progeni Mutare
Xelerator door
Hoff DD140
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Info need on kite bar

Postby rynhardt » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 am

At 0:35 in the video they mention that the override is an optional accessory item.
Maybe your bar is just fine without it?

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:55 am
Kiting since: 2004
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: CrazyFly, Cabrinha, Concept X Ruler Split.
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Hants UK

Re: Info need on kite bar

Postby badgb21 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:23 pm

Interesting to see Cabrinhas response. Not managed to get a clear answer consistently on this before.
So you need one bar, adjustable size, short throw, low V, cheap and in full working order.
You may just want to call Silent Sports and see if they can help:
https://www.silentsports.com/Kiteboardi ... ing/Kites/

TommyDelly
Medium Poster
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Info need on kite bar

Postby TommyDelly » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:05 am

I would say the newer cabrinha gear is really good quality, so get the new bar and maybe even some kites aswell :)

Franky54
Rare Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Pointe du Lac, Qc, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Where the sun is shining
Style: Begginer
Gear: Cabrinha SB 10m and 14m 2009
Cabrinha overdrive 1x recoil 2018
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Info need on kite bar

Postby Franky54 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:48 am

rynhardt wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 am
At 0:35 in the video they mention that the override is an optional accessory item.
Maybe your bar is just fine without it?
So the override and the ring are option and we can use it without those part?


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], early bird2, greenmachine, knotwindy, skideeppow, SolarSet and 34 guests

cron