Re: Airush Innovation - Load Frame Technology

Postby windmaker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 am

ap888 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:10 am
evan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 pm
windmaker wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:31 pm
:thumb: A friend has a 2 year old Union that has stretched between the frame, looks like a golf ball with all the dimples ...
Question is what's worse: stretching between the frame and a kite that holds is original shape or an evenly stretched smooth canopy that completely changes the shape and profile of the kite.
Yes someone must research or do a comparison. :D
Maybe Airush construction does both :D

In sailing, It is well known fact that sails stretch in time, they become "baggier" , centre of effort changes, leach loosens but air flow stays more or less laminar.
On a dimpled sail the air flow is not laminar anymore and detaches from it's surface therefore reducing it's efficiency.

aeberl
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby aeberl » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:17 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:36 pm
james wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:16 pm
Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:44 pm

I think dyneema cloth will sometime be the next step in kite evolution. Have to wait for it to get cheaper I guess...
Waiting for a material that isn’t even production let alone in a kite specific application made by a single manufacturer that would then sell it to a kite brand to get cheaper?

You will be waiting a while!!!! 😂😂😂😂
It exists. But by the looks of it, not very suitable for kite fabrication yet because it's very slippery and prone to unravel at the edges. And the material itself is already expensive. But who knows, someday...
Remenber the Best Smell/Hellfish?

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Faxie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:19 pm

aeberl wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:17 pm
Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:36 pm
james wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Waiting for a material that isn’t even production let alone in a kite specific application made by a single manufacturer that would then sell it to a kite brand to get cheaper?

You will be waiting a while!!!! 😂😂😂😂
It exists. But by the looks of it, not very suitable for kite fabrication yet because it's very slippery and prone to unravel at the edges. And the material itself is already expensive. But who knows, someday...
Remenber the Best Smell/Hellfish?
Not the same, that's a laminate.

ap888
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: Ozone Uno V2 4m
North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Moses
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: HFL

Postby ap888 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:23 am

windmaker wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 am
ap888 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:10 am
evan wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Question is what's worse: stretching between the frame and a kite that holds is original shape or an evenly stretched smooth canopy that completely changes the shape and profile of the kite.

Yes someone must research or do a comparison. :D
Maybe Airush construction does both :D

In sailing, It is well known fact that sails stretch in time, they become "baggier" , centre of effort changes, leach loosens but air flow stays more or less laminar.
On a dimpled sail the air flow is not laminar anymore and detaches from it's surface therefore reducing it's efficiency.
I was thinking maybe airush for next kites but more I try out other people’s at beach the less I like them plus I don’t want a golf ball after 2 years lol I’m sticking with cabrinha I love the way there kites are built solid never had a problem and the feel of them I love . :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”