Forum for kitesurfers
backcountry
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River, Coeur d' Alene Lake
Gear: Ozone, Best
Brand Affiliation: None

Charleston, NC in Feb?

Postby backcountry » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:21 am

One of my daughters just moved to Charleston, and we are going to fly out and see her in mid Feb. Is it worth dragging along golf bag of kites and pay oversize fee. Last time I flew with kites, they arrived 3 days latter :oops: We will be there for about a week. Any input would be much appreciated. I have 9, 12, and 14m.

Jamesconn300
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North America
Gear: _if it Flys or Floats
Brand Affiliation: _mars bars

Re: Charleston, NC in Feb?

Postby Jamesconn300 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:58 am

Have you ever been kiting on Folly Beach or Sullivans Island? Good conditions for strapless at Folly. Nice flat water behind some bars at mid tide over on Sullivans Island, thats where I hung out most. STATION 32.5 I think.. North End of Island..... Bring the whole quiver.. When my lady went to school down there I would visit every few weeks, actually left two boards and five sails in her apartment for a few months.. Her flat mates loved the sand and smell....... Im 145 pounds and had alot of days on the 15, 12 and 10.. Probably an even split of 33% usage over a few dozen sessions down there...Locals are nice and friendly.. It can get cold during the winter, I would have a thicker suit if you visit in Feb, deff have some gloves and booties on hand if needed. Check out the kite shop on the way to Sullivans, "Force Kite and Wake" for any last min gear needs.. I had serious progression days down there, conditions we dont get up North. Have fun!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”