Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Blade Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
kishtsang
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Oostvoorne, Netherlands; Kijkduin/Zandmotor, Netherlands; Rockanje, Netherlands; Ouddorp, Netherlands; Hoek van Holland, Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Kailua, Hawaii; Kanaha, Hawaii; Kahala, Hawaii; Kaneohe Sandbar; Hawaii; Mui Ne, Vietnam; Langebaan, SA
Style: Strapless, Wakestyle, Freeride
Gear: Zian Hantu V3 7m, 9m, 11m
Best TS LW 15m
Flysurfer Peak 3 12m

Axis Tranq 141
Shinn Ultrasonic
Best Stubby Pro
Slingshot Alien Air + H4 Surf Wing
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Blade Kites

Postby kishtsang » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:04 am

I used a Blade Trigger 2018 12m for a day when the winds were light and since I was on holiday I only had my 9m and 7m with me (Langebaan, SA).

I rode it in between anything from 10-25 knots during that day and I must say that I did like how it behaved. In the super light winds it was stable and did not back stall. I rode it on a 6'0 surfboard (strapless) but could not keep upwind. Looping to waterstart and during transitions was decently quick without too much force to pull me off the surfboard. When the wind increased I switched to my twintip and rode it in 25 knots. It wasn't great at unhooking because of limited slack compared to the Zian Hantu's I normally ride, but anything like a railey and unhooked backroll are possible. It will keep pulling though. Boosting was decent, but I was more impressed with the hangtime and glide this kite has. Despite Langebaan being flat, now and then a military speedboat will fly by producing a super nice wake to boost off. I wasn't going that big (probably 10-12m) but the hangtime and gilde were fun.

All in all, I think as a general freeride kite for a weekend warrior, a beginner kite or someone who is looking for a little bit of everything without going too extreme, the Trigger would be a great choice I think

Return to “Kitesurfing”