Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Camrig Gen4 for GoPro Hero-6

Forum for kitesurfers
beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.
Brand Affiliation: None

Camrig Gen4 for GoPro Hero-6

Postby beebad » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Has anyone used this next generation camrig? The videos and such are years old on youtube.
It does say the GPH6 will work with this new iteration but they haven't updated a lot of their website and marketing jazz.

any ideas?

https://camrig.com/gopro-hero3-line-mount

juanpasala
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
San Andres
Cabo de la Vela
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 10 / Soul 10 / Sonic 3 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic

Re: Camrig Gen4 for GoPro Hero-6

Postby juanpasala » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Hi Beebad,

I have that camrig accesory and it works amazing, you can really get good takes with it, I am currently using a HERO 5 but HERO 6 should work just the same.
Just note that bars that have higher Y on the center lines such as CORE and F-ONE, will not give you a stable image.

Hope this will help you.

rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:47 pm

It will work, I have the Hero 7 have have test fitted it into the Camrig mount.

beebad
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.

Postby beebad » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:37 pm

I just ordered one so thanks you all.

beebad
Frequent Poster

Postby beebad » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:26 am

I haven't opened this Camrig GEN4 and there are no instructions.

One thing I am noticing through the packaging is that both sides where the lines pass through seem to be about the same tight diameter. I think you should know where i am going with this... How does one safely flag the kite if the line is held by the camrig?

Looking at it, there is no side that I can readily see that is designated for the flagging line side.

Am I missing something?

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dirk » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:48 am

Camera needs to sit on top not under it. Remove the rubber plugs on the side of your front line which is the flagging line. I always wrap duct tape around the connection points to reduce the risk that a back line gets caught there.

Bill C
Frequent Poster

Postby Bill C » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:31 pm

If your lines go slack or you crash the kite, watch out. I've had a number of unwanted kite loops because the steering line would get hung up on a connection point.

juanpasala
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
San Andres
Cabo de la Vela
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 10 / Soul 10 / Sonic 3 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic

Postby juanpasala » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:05 pm

beebad wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:26 am
I haven't opened this Camrig GEN4 and there are no instructions.

One thing I am noticing through the packaging is that both sides where the lines pass through seem to be about the same tight diameter. I think you should know where i am going with this... How does one safely flag the kite if the line is held by the camrig?

Looking at it, there is no side that I can readily see that is designated for the flagging line side.

Am I missing something?
What i generally do is on the flagging line i only put one plastic gromet on the top side (avoids line tangles if looping) instead of the 2, and on hte other side I put both grommets. That way it will stay stable and it will flag out if you release the safety system. However, defenetly keep the lines untwisted when using it, it will give you a more stable image and also you will avoid possible failures while activating the safety.

beebad
Frequent Poster

Postby beebad » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:36 am

i wrote CAMRIG and heard back from the designer inventor, Jim stringfellow, this morning. He was purplexed with my question... -about NO instructions with his product and the reported issues with his product disabling the flagging safety feature when fully installed. I still haven't taken it out of the package....Can you imagine a death-loop because I wanted to capture myself in a lousy video? Cutting my lines free? what a kitemare.

beebad
Frequent Poster

Postby beebad » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:13 am

CAMRIG wrote me back and here is their response:
"As for the safety line, it should work fine even with the mount plugs in place.
Under tension the line will move freely through the plugs."

Anyone care to comment if they own the GEN 4 camrig?

Return to “Kitesurfing”