Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Duotone Evo 2019

Postby Toby » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:32 am

Duotone News:

Duotone Evo 2019

dt.png
dt.png (57 KiB) Viewed 3379 times

The Evo is THE leading all round kite. The greatest freeride formula today. With 3-Struts, a huge wind range, superior stability, precise power delivery and responsive handling, the Evo is fun and versatile from waveriding to freestyle.

The Evo is the best allrounder with an incredible wind range, precise power delivery, amazing stability and responsive handling, making it the choice for any type of conditions or riding style. The EVO was a real standout kite of last year; completely redesigned on three struts, it is now a dedicated three-strut all-rounder that impressed everyone who flew it. With incredible hangtime and massive boosting capabilities, it became one of Duotone’s most popular kites. The EVO is a delta-shaped kite designed to offer fantastic upwind performance and huge jumps. It has a dynamic turn that lends itself well to playing in the waves, and the kite is perfect for those riders looking to try their first freestyle moves too. It doesn’t matter what your style is on the water; the EVO is truly capable of handling it all. The structural stiffness of the smaller sizes has been enhanced, making them rock solid even in gusty and strong winds. Reduced bar pressure makes the kite easy to fly and very forgiving, appealing to a lot of riders across the ability spectrum. Sheet and go handling further enhances the rider experience, meaning the incredible performance of the EVO is available to everyone. If your riding isn’t confined to a particular discipline and you like to keep your options open for freestyle, big air and waves, then you need the EVOlution!

https://www.duotonesports.com/de/kitebo ... kites/evo/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peu5RyzAsDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Peu5RyzAsDc

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Re: Duotone Evo 2019

Postby Leon van Bergen » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:15 am

Does anyone know the big differences between the evo and the rebel?

Beardytello
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Isle of Man
Gear: North / Spleene / Ozone / CrazyFly / Mystic
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Beardytello » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:36 am

From what I've managed to gather Evo is generally considered a bit more of an all rounder, mostly freeride but also not shit in waves, Rebel is aimed more at pure "freeride" big air etc and potentially not as good in waves.

How much of this is marketing gumph though I don't know.

I have Evo's and they're nice! I'm sure Rebels are also nice lol!

Also in 2019 Evo is 3 strut and Rebel 5.

Beamrider
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Al Bahia Beach, Abu Dhabi
Gear: Flysurfer Boost V1 9m and 13m
Flysurfer Speed4 Lotus 18m
Flysurfer Radical4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Beamrider » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Do they still have the trailing edge battens?

geron
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Progreso,Yucatan
Gear: TT & foil

Postby geron » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:53 pm

the battens are shown on the video but are absent in the pictures and 3d view

eenzwemvijver
Rare Poster
Weight: 80
Local Beach: Oesterdam - The Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: El Gouna - Egypt
Kappalady lagoon - Sri Lanka
Mauritius - le Morne
Style: old school
Gear: North Orbit 12 m2 2023
Core XR7. 9 and 7 m2

DSD intel stallion 5,2
Boardschmiede 135 x 40 , Duotone Jaime textreme 133 x 40 , S6 Boards 134 x 40
Groove foil board and Fab foil

Postby eenzwemvijver » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:01 pm

I have a Evo 2019 12m2 and a Rebel 2019 11 and 9 m and had before the same 2018 models .

The Evo is a nice kite performing wel in all conditions and decent on a surfboard , while the Rebel is not the kite for a surfboard (i use both for freestyle tricks on my Stallion !)
The Rebel is more powerful in terms off jumping big , but is always easy to control and the kite loops are more easy on the Rebel .

The Evo is more friendly in a way off speaking but the rebel is more exciting when you are beyond the beginner stage . I like it more because in tricks like a dark slide you have more power to keep you going in that carve .
My wife prefer the Evo , for her it is easier to jump ( i think otherwise ) with more manageable control .

You feel the race DNA in the rebel , it give's you wings and speed , i like that
Both kite's have a very big wind spectrum and both ( i think all ) the duotone versions are better than the 2018 models , they are for sure faster and faster turning and the Rebels jumps even higher ( broke my record within 2 weeks with my new 9 m from 12,9 to 14,9 m on my Woo )

But The Evo is a perfect blend if you like to switch from TT to a surfboard .
In real waves i don't know because we don't have them out here .

There are still battens in the Evo

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: many kites, also diy

Postby kitexpert » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:53 pm

Those back line attachment points are so close to each other they look ineffective to adjust anything. "Medium setting is best of the both worlds" - yeah, for sure it is :)

Leon van Bergen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, Netherlands
Gear: Duotone Rebel 7,9,11 SLS ‘23 | 14m Juice Dlab | Lieuwe Shotgun

Postby Leon van Bergen » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:25 am

eenzwemvijver wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:01 pm
I have a Evo 2019 12m2 and a Rebel 2019 11 and 9 m and had before the same 2018 models .

The Evo is a nice kite performing wel in all conditions and decent on a surfboard , while the Rebel is not the kite for a surfboard (i use both for freestyle tricks on my Stallion !)
The Rebel is more powerful in terms off jumping big , but is always easy to control and the kite loops are more easy on the Rebel .

The Evo is more friendly in a way off speaking but the rebel is more exciting when you are beyond the beginner stage . I like it more because in tricks like a dark slide you have more power to keep you going in that carve .
My wife prefer the Evo , for her it is easier to jump ( i think otherwise ) with more manageable control .

You feel the race DNA in the rebel , it give's you wings and speed , i like that
Both kite's have a very big wind spectrum and both ( i think all ) the duotone versions are better than the 2018 models , they are for sure faster and faster turning and the Rebels jumps even higher ( broke my record within 2 weeks with my new 9 m from 12,9 to 14,9 m on my Woo )

But The Evo is a perfect blend if you like to switch from TT to a surfboard .
In real waves i don't know because we don't have them out here .

There are still battens in the Evo
Thank you so much for this review, just the right information for me.
Im now on the 2018 Rebel and I will stay by the Rebel after reading this!

Return to “Kitesurfing”