Forum for kitesurfers
apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Re: Enter the world of Duotone

Postby apollo4000 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:41 pm

Big marketing budget this year....makes sense...got to protect the sales, and why not, they are a business and need to sell kites to pay people a living etc. B&M have made great quality kites IMO no matter what they’re called...just too damn expensive these days. FX rates don’t help but still...bit excessive

I’m going to stick with my “True Northboarding” ones and keep them going for as long as I can. I say ‘be gone with your seductive videos and YouTube whispering brigade telling me how it loops faster, rides higher, is so upwindable I can ride it in offshore winds and still get home without the RNLI.’

Bossstyle
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Portland
Style: Freeride
Gear: F-one bandit 11m 2018
F-one bandit 9m 2018
F-one Mitu pro surf board
Flyradical 5 twin tip
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bossstyle » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:43 pm

Have they upgraded their crap lines yet I want to know?

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:37 am

apollo4000 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:41 pm
Big marketing budget this year....makes sense...got to protect the sales, and why not, they are a business and need to sell kites to pay people a living etc. B&M have made great quality kites IMO no matter what they’re called...just too damn expensive these days.
Imho they would've gained a lot more credibility and market share by slashing their prices. Instead they kept it as high as it was prior to name change - and they blew about 100X what North used to spend on marketing BS. I don't know - nor I care to - if it paid out at all, but they surely annoyed the f@#$ck out of some people. :angryfire:

If anything - I'm really curious about what "new" North will come up with. "True" dickle-dumbo-don will deserve every single finger they'll get from that side of the fence... :jump: :rollgrin:

Return to “Kitesurfing”