Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What is kitesurfing for you? This it is for me

Postby Matteo V » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:14 am

chemosavi wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:33 am
Phuk this job.
Ahhhhhhh! You think that 3rd world residents would rather not have to work? Go there, and tell them "we are closing down your factory so you do not have to suffer any more" and "there is a better way, just follow me to paradise!"

Report back on your findings.

Or,

See what happens when a factory actually closes in the 3rd world due to drop in demand, competition from other 3rd world countries, or just the 'guilt' of some recreational users too dismayed to continue supporting the 'oppressive' working conditions created by their sports equipment enjoyment. Well......Starvation awaits those not willing to migrate away from dying 3rd world industries to even worse prospects.

I could put this more simply/crudely, but chemosavi, you are very much misinformed on your world view. Though, you do have lots of company in ignorance of the big picture with the top 10% of the inhabitants of earth. Funny thing how there seems to be a correlation between increasing prosperity and decreasing common sense.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:38 am

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:09 pm

And how the average person typically views the tails of the bell curve.

Box.jpg
haha... i'm definately in the "weirdo's your doing it wrong" category a lot of the time.

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:01 am

Some folks have a rough time wrapping their head around metaphor.
Others, and often the same, were made to feel really stupid at one time in their life so they go out of their way to sound smart.
Often by using too many words or graphs and a big pointy finger. Long, boring posts, usually very confusing, are their mainstay.
Onwards! Go kiting! Don't worry about sounding like an idiot - it doesn't matter!

JakeFarley
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 92kg
Local Beach: Florida Left Coast, USA
Favorite Beaches: Any that are not crowded.
Style: Dinosaur style (Velociraptor)
Gear: Kites: Flysurfer Speed5 21m, Soul 12m, Cabrinha 16m Xbow, 11m Xbow, Best 14m HP Nemesis, 9m Yarga C Hybrid
Boards: Crazyfly 135 x 46 Pro, Cabrinha Spoiler 140, 6' custom surfboard, 122 x 46 custom twintip
Wing foil: Naish Hover 110l, Slingwing 6.4m, F-One CWC Strike 8m, Slingshot Hover Glide Fwing (Infinity 99), Slingshot Phantasm 926 and E 990
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby JakeFarley » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:44 pm

Kitesurfing is to me a form of recreation/exercise that is a stress reliever. It helps me forget about my problems. I love being out on the water, harnessing the power of the wind, feeling the spray of water. It is both relaxing and exhilarating. It gets my adrenaline pumping, mostly just before I arrive at my local beach. To sum it up, kitesurfing is my mistress.

Matteo V
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:20 pm

chemosavi wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:01 am
Others, and often the same, were made to feel really stupid at one time in their life so they go out of their way to sound smart.
Often by using too many words or graphs and a big pointy finger. Long, boring posts, usually very confusing, are their mainstay.
Onwards! Go kiting! Don't worry about sounding like an idiot - it doesn't matter!

So, you don't have an argument counter to mine?

But you do make one great point with the following portion of your reply:
chemosavi wrote:
I am assuming that you are saying, 'at one time in my life I (Matteo V) was stupid and had it wrong'. And you are correct! No one is born with knowledge, nor is knowledge attained in an accurate and linear fashion. Emotion, along with others persuasion, often steer our world view in the direction of many different dead ends. I did once believe the incomplete world view that you hold now. But I challenged that view by first trying to prove it wrong, then trying to prove other views right. This lead to the conclusion that my initial belief was incomplete. And those missing parts completely negated my initial belief. Thus I changed that belief after I successfully challenged it and found it's flaws.

I would challenge you to do the same with your beliefs. There are many people in this world that demonstrably lack the ability to formulate their own beliefs by challenging them. Those individuals world view is typically a product of their own emotion, and others who would exploit that emotion.

The best test of an NPC is to try to get that person to understand what an NPC is. If that person cannot understand that concept beyond reciting it's definition, then they are likely an NPC.

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:10 pm

Nicely put....chemo
chemosavi wrote:

Return to “Kitesurfing”