Medium Poster
Local Beach: Michigan
Style: TT, HF, SB, snow, ice
Gear: nothing special

Re: Pivot vs Enduro

Postby RagingGrandpa » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:07 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:39 pm
I use Enduro V2's. In the centre of the kite there is a bridle setting which when you set it to "freestyle" it opens up the canopy a little and improves low end and increases bar pressure at the expense of slightly slower turning. It really does work and I mostly use this in my 12m in marginal conditions.
Ridden both, like both, own a 10m Enduro V2...

This comment confused me though- I think the 'Freestyle' setting (long center bridle) makes the kite more C-shape, reduces projected area, and therefore reduces static (low-end) pull. But you seem to prefer this setting for better low-end- did I miss something here? Curious, thx.

When I've tried that Freestyle setting, I didn't like the reduction in bar sensitivity... sheeting and steering felt more responsive on the 'Wave' setting (tight center bridle / flattest canopy). So mine stays on 'Wave' all the time (12kt foiling & 25kt TT).

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:15 pm

It seems to me that "Freestyle" increases projected area by allowing the wing tips to open wider (ie they are pulled less tightly towards the centre by the bridle) thus increasing low end.

Macster
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne
Gear: Moses and Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Macster » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:29 am

Freestyle / unhooking is no good on the pivot but if you dont do that it probably has more advantages over the enduro for freeride. Dunno about waves.

Return to “Kitesurfing”