kamoe
Rare Poster
Gear: Neo 7, Dice 9, Pivot 11
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Tona Flow vs Axis Tranq

Postby kamoe » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:02 pm

I want to add another twintip to my box of toys. I'm a big rider (90kg / 190+ cm) and my current favorite board Fone Spicey is a bit small in many conditions. I ride with boots so it kicks up a lot of water and the boots push a lot of water in many conditions slowing me down a bit. Then there's the poor upwind / low wind with that size / shape, and I ride in a lot of chop, hence the need some something bigger for low/mid windy days.

After researching for a while. I think there are two real options:

Axis Tranq 149 x 44cm.
http://www.axiskiteboarding.com/product ... tyle-park/

Tona Flow 2.0 144cm x 44.5cm
https://tonalife.com/product/flow-20/

From the look at these boards, the Axis has a more defined channel in it's shape and is more narrow. The Tona is more square while the Azix is more round so possibly the Axis might work even better in chop and waves. Axis is also 5 cm longer with the same with. That could mean more speed and better upwind.

I'm mostly do freeride and like to play in the waves.. I like these types of boards as they can take a real beating when you put a lot of strain on them, love the soft landings and they work better with boots than other.
Anyone can help me out with ideas about the difference of these two boards? Both seem great to be.. but they still should feel a bit different due to the difference in length and the more rounded edges of the Tranq.

Opinions are welcome!

DietKiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa (Spain), Deprano (Grrece)
Favorite Beaches: Lagoa de Cauipe (Cumbuco_Brasil), Stagnone (Marsala_Italy)
Style: FreeStyle, Wake Style
Gear: Cabrinha FX with North Gambler

Re: Tona Flow vs Axis Tranq

Postby DietKiter » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Check Donkey 141x43 on santiboards.com - the upwind ability and the POP of this board is massive. I had the chance to test yesterday in low wind cond. with the boots and was amazing.

I choose this one vs the Tona because the weight of the board, is very important in light wind sess.

Here some more details got on the Forum before my decision: viewtopic.php?t=2401325

I hope could be helpfull

kamoe wrote: I want to add another twintip to my box of toys. I'm a big rider (90kg / 190+ cm) and my current favorite board Fone Spicey is a bit small in many conditions. I ride with boots so it kicks up a lot of water and the boots push a lot of water in many conditions slowing me down a bit. Then there's the poor upwind / low wind with that size / shape, and I ride in a lot of chop, hence the need some something bigger for low/mid windy days.

After researching for a while. I think there are two real options:

Axis Tranq 149 x 44cm.
http://www.axiskiteboarding.com/product ... tyle-park/

Tona Flow 2.0 144cm x 44.5cm
https://tonalife.com/product/flow-20/

From the look at these boards, the Axis has a more defined channel in it's shape and is more narrow. The Tona is more square while the Azix is more round so possibly the Axis might work even better in chop and waves. Axis is also 5 cm longer with the same with. That could mean more speed and better upwind.

I'm mostly do freeride and like to play in the waves.. I like these types of boards as they can take a real beating when you put a lot of strain on them, love the soft landings and they work better with boots than other.
Anyone can help me out with ideas about the difference of these two boards? Both seem great to be.. but they still should feel a bit different due to the difference in length and the more rounded edges of the Tranq.

Opinions are welcome!

kamoe
Rare Poster
Gear: Neo 7, Dice 9, Pivot 11

Postby kamoe » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 am

Thanks for the tip but that's too similar to my F-One Spicey in size, not what I'm looking for.

K

DietKiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa (Spain), Deprano (Grrece)
Favorite Beaches: Lagoa de Cauipe (Cumbuco_Brasil), Stagnone (Marsala_Italy)
Style: FreeStyle, Wake Style
Gear: Cabrinha FX with North Gambler

Postby DietKiter » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:09 am

:thumb:
kamoe wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:37 am
Thanks for the tip but that's too similar to my F-One Spicey in size, not what I'm looking for.

K

Return to “Kitesurfing”