Pansh Kite Fans

Forum for kitesurfers
njrider
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Pansh Kite Fans

Postby njrider » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:35 pm

I see that Pansh makes a few closed cell kites. Can you please describe what each closed cell is designed for and general opinion of each. Thanks

Here are the 4 models that seem fit for kiteboarding: PANSH Aurora II, Genesis 2019, Aeolus 2019, PANSH A15ME

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Re: Pansh Kite Fans

Postby Regis-de-giens » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:49 pm

I am not fan , just user of some models ; in order of L/D ratio & my perception of kite use :
1-aeolus for race and speed on hydrofoil for foilkite skilled riders
2-Aurora for freerace (light wind or hydrofoil)
3- a15 me for freeride foil / carving /all round/TT/surf
4- genesis (low ratio) for high winds/ trainer ( maybe surfing ?)

Most are interesting on snow depending on your objectives and ride conditions.

njrider
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby njrider » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Thanks for the response. It looks like you have some foil kite experience. I thought that it would be a cheaper way to give it a try. My plan is to mess around with it this year on the snow and if it works out try it on the water in the spring.

I was also looking at the Liquid Force Elite - Obviously I don't want to plunk down a huge amount of cash. I would love to hear your toughts.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 pm

You need to give more details on your type of snow ride, weight , skills and wind.
Overall tha a15 is the easiest, more stable and all round use as first kite. Just a lack of depower for a beginner. I like my a15 in 9m on snow and tt ride

jorg
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Toronto, ON
Style: Big Air
Gear: Ten Velox, XR, Ozone Edge

Postby jorg » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 pm

which one would give more hang time and lift?
Cheers
These users thanked the author jorg for the post:
JoseTumaco (Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:16 am)
Rating: 3.03%

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Hood River; La Ventana; Ocean Park, PR; SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/101cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 kitefoil or 2200/1700/1400 wingfoil wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, Naish MicroChip 80cm, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20” Guardian bar, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast

Postby grigorib » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:15 am

njrider wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:35 pm
Thanks for the response. It looks like you have some foil kite experience. I thought that it would be a cheaper way to give it a try. My plan is to mess around with it this year on the snow and if it works out try it on the water in the spring.

I was also looking at the Liquid Force Elite - Obviously I don't want to plunk down a huge amount of cash. I would love to hear your toughts.
In true meaning of aftertaste of word "cheap" I'd suggest to rather look for "affordable". What I read about Pansh indicated that it's a good kite for someone who has tons of time and experience to tune and retune their wings and, at the same time, doesn't expect much from the kite. I mean starting tuning it when you get it new is not a good sign.

Ask dealers for Flysurfer discounts on Speed5 kites first.
You can find bunch of Speed4s in great condition as so many riders start foiling and going to small LEIs instead
Brand new Slingshot Phantoms (Elf) are on huge sale right now if you're looking for a race kite
Bob at KiteridersLLC would have LF Elite at a good discount if you ask

There are options and being hungry doesn't mean one needs to pick food from a dumpster.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 am

jorg wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 pm
which one would give more hang time and lift?
Cheers
with my medium-level in jumps , I would say that jump is easier to launch with the a15 (hence lift maybe better) but Aurora (slower in turn) will stay longer in air (more hang time);

My a9 flight good right off the bag and is wonderfully stable even in medium winds (not tested above 20 knots) one of the most stable kite I drove 5 > to speed3, 4, and Kitech FRS); it turns a bit better than speed4 lotus ;

Aurora 2 seem to flight most of time good right off the bag but less (and some not at all) in high wind; to me your choice depends on why you swap from LEI ; if it is for hang time in low-medium wind : Aurora ; if you seek for more all-round; easiness and stability:agility in mountains -> A15

here is a snow kite video of the first flight with my a9 :
https://youtu.be/IEWMQd-eW3A
Last edited by Regis-de-giens on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

lovethepirk
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Almost air tacking on hydrofoil...
Gear: Delta Race Hydrofoil, 15m SS Turbine, 12m Switchblade, 9m Switchblade
Has thanked: 0

Postby lovethepirk » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:36 am

I have not read this thread...but my 15m Aurora 2 is so slow I cannot even think about getting going in 8-10 knots on a foil and my bar is long enough.It pulls me upright but the time it takes to move the kite around is a joke. I had an Ozone guy fly the kite and he couldn't believe how slow it was. In the same conditions I can foil on a 15m Contra with no problem. I'm using it only now for some days when I want to boost on the TT in 18-20 knots. I will say when you are powered on this kite you will get serious air and hang time. And surprisingly in sub 10 knots, this kite no matter how many times it flips over end over end, the thing relaunches easily and without line twists. I still don't know how a kite can flip over 3x and relaunch without a line twist but I guess that is how foil kites are lmfao. I floated with this bastard for 5 minutes and she still relaunches in little wind. Weird.

Tomlutz
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 83
Local Beach: Switzerland
Gear: TT, Foil Moses Onda, Soul 8, Pansh Genesis, Concept Air Pulsion 18m, Kauper XT Falocn 11 and 13

Postby Tomlutz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Did you use the original Pansh bar? I'm also considering buying a Pansh Kite, for my son to begin with on snow, and for myself for Strong Winds. So maybe six square meters. I would rather opt for the Genesis, because I have read that it is more stable.

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Postby FLandOBX » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Tomlutz, the Pansh bars do not feel solid or well-constructed when compared to other manufacturers' bars. I have an Aurora II (flew perfectly well out of the bag - no adjustments required), but I do not use a Pansh bar. IMHO, bars are the weak link in the Pansh line.

Return to “Kitesurfing”