Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Double Agent or X-bread Foils?

Forum for kitesurfers
DietKiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa (Spain), Deprano (Grrece)
Favorite Beaches: Lagoa de Cauipe (Cumbuco_Brasil), Stagnone (Marsala_Italy)
Style: FreeStyle, Wake Style
Gear: Cabrinha FX with North Gambler
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Double Agent or X-bread Foils?

Postby DietKiter » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi - I've just started foiloing and I would buy a HydroFoil - any suggestion? Double Agent or X-bread Foils?

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Re: Double Agent or X-bread Foils?

Postby SENDIT! » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Disclaimer-I sell these and other foils

The short answer is get the X-Breed board.

The longer answer: The Double Agent is fine if you're a lighter rider that doesn't need the extra flotation to get up and going or during lulls. However, if you're heavier and trying to get up and going in lighter winds (or slightly underpowered on a small kite, which is going to happen a lot as a foiler), then I think you benefit from the extra buoyancy of the X-Breed Foil board. AND, with the XBreed, you have a legit surfboard to use by just removing the mast from the board. I think the Double Agent minus the foil is certainly secondary in performance to the X Breed. I believe that enough that I bought the X Breed Foil for my own personal use.

Hope that helps!

SENDIT!

Return to “Kitesurfing”