Style: Big Air, Freeride, Photography
Gear: Core XR5
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq
Brand Affiliation: None

3rd part bladders for a Wainman Punch 10.5 RAF

Postby k2thiago » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:25 pm

I wanna revamp a Waiman Punch 10.5 (I believe that is the RG 3.1 version with the single point inflation system), but I am not sure of the bladder sizes to use for each one of the struts. Do you guys have suggestions? Also, what aftermarket brand would you recommend (one that would be easy to find in Europe)? Its a awesome kite, but I am quite tired of repair the valves almost after every other session, so I want to change all three strut bladders, and maybe even the leading edge...
Thanks!

GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

Re: 3rd part bladders for a Wainman Punch 10.5 RAF

Postby GTC » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:00 pm

I had the same issues with a Smoke 9 leading edge and a Mr Green 7.5 strut. The valves are the weak points of these kites.

I opted for replacing the LE valve with a new one (about 12€ in Ebay). As for the strut valve, I could easily fix it with Patex glue. After some sessions on it they are doing great.

By the way, is the Wainman company still alive? Last kite model release was about 3 years ago...

k2thiago
Medium Poster
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq

Postby k2thiago » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:40 pm

GTC wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:00 pm
I had the same issues with a Smoke 9 leading edge and a Mr Green 7.5 strut. The valves are the weak points of these kites.

I opted for replacing the LE valve with a new one (about 12€ in Ebay). As for the strut valve, I could easily fix it with Patex glue. After some sessions on it they are doing great.

By the way, is the Wainman company still alive? Last kite model release was about 3 years ago...
So you havent change the bladders itself? I have changed same valves like 2 times... i even brought to a kite repairshop, but they still not lasting long! Thats why im thinking in change the entire bladders.
Good question, I think Wainman kinda left the industry... its a shame, awesome kites!

Bigdog
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wolfe Island
Style: Old and grey surfer dude style
Gear: Core xr5 and windego boards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bigdog » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:10 pm

If its just the valves leaking then get some aquaseal marine sealant. If you can remove the valves with heat and clean the bladder would be best. Once you aquaseal it then that part will never come off again.

I think if you seartch this forum you will get some pictures and more info about this general problem with valves.

GTC
Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish

Postby GTC » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:50 pm

k2thiago wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:40 pm
GTC wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:00 pm

So you havent change the bladders itself? I have changed same valves like 2 times... i even brought to a kite repairshop, but they still not lasting long! Thats why im thinking in change the entire bladders.
Good question, I think Wainman kinda left the industry... its a shame, awesome kites!
The bladders are original, I just replaced one valve and fixed the other one.
I purchased the valve from this Ebay user https://www.ebay.es/itm/Kite-Inflate-va ... :rk:1:pf:0

These kites are so great and unique that I am going to purchase another Smoke 9 as a future replacement of my current one.

k2thiago
Medium Poster
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq

Postby k2thiago » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:02 pm

Bigdog wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:10 pm
If its just the valves leaking then get some aquaseal marine sealant. If you can remove the valves with heat and clean the bladder would be best. Once you aquaseal it then that part will never come off again.

I think if you seartch this forum you will get some pictures and more info about this general problem with valves.
I will try to find this aquaseal... I have only a small kit with a vinil glue at home... some stuff is hard to find in Brazil, but in january I will have a day in Paris then I can check some local shops. Also i will have a look about the valve issue on the forum, thanks!

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:07 pm

I've bought a number of bladders from wanikou.com. No complaints.

Bigdog
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wolfe Island
Style: Old and grey surfer dude style
Gear: Core xr5 and windego boards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bigdog » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:10 pm

You can buy aquaseal online on amazon.

k2thiago
Medium Poster
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq

Postby k2thiago » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:03 am

Bigdog wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:10 pm
You can buy aquaseal online on amazon.
Is not that easy when youre in Brasil. Taxes plus shipping can throw a U$15,00 item up to U$40,00 - if the item can be shipped to Brazil. :/

k2thiago
Medium Poster
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq

Postby k2thiago » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:04 am

Pemba wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:07 pm
I've bought a number of bladders from wanikou.com. No complaints.
Great! I will check it!

Return to “Kitesurfing”