Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kitesurfing in Fiji

Forum for kitesurfers
Slyde
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Kitesurfing in Fiji

Postby Slyde » Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:32 am

Hi all, I've got a couple of weeks working in Fiji (Lautoka) in mid March. Was wondering about taking a kite with me. I want to travel light so one kite and one board would be the order of the day. Anyone have any experience of Lautoka at this time of the year, what wind strength to expect, and whether there are any suitable kiting spots in the near vicinity?
Cheers
Slyde

tommen
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

fiji

Postby tommen » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:05 pm

i was in fiji may and june last year. didn't have my kite-gear with me, so didn't really search for kite-spots and wind. only had a couple of days in lautoka, so don't really know the conditions there. my overall conditions of fiji was very little wind. only a few days i really missed my kite. think maybe the outer islands have better conditions than the main island. should be some thermal winds there? lautoka have a couple of nice beaches around, and no problem to get a boat to outer islands if you want to. lots of reef, so flat shallow water is no problem (only one beach on the main island with break...)
i would bring a pretty big kite, like 16m2. think i saw some kite-pictures from some of the outer islands once, can't remember where, search the net.

cheers... 8)

Return to “Kitesurfing”