Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Lake George in NY

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lake George in NY

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:45 pm

Has anyone done any kitesurfing in Lake George in upstate New York? I might go there, near Canoe Island in May.
I think the wind is pretty light, though - usually around 10mph.

Re: N.Y.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:01 pm

I am not sure that you want to try launching your kite there, why? The lake george commision might have something to say about your plans. I believe they classify kite surfing in the same catagory as parasailing etc.,thus they require some type of permit to fly on that lake. Their regulations on lake george are very strict. The traffic on the lake in the summer is often overrun with boats. So if you decide to chance it be very careful.

Re: N.Y.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:03 pm

I am not sure that you want to try launching your kite there, why? The lake george commision might have something to say about your plans. I believe they classify kite surfing in the same catagory as parasailing etc.,thus they require some type of permit to fly on that lake. Their regulations on lake george are very strict. The traffic on the lake in the summer is often overrun with boats. So if you decide to chance it be very careful.

Return to “Kitesurfing”