Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Skoop 2 THE BEST !!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:52 pm

What is the skoop2 17 compared to the fuel (2003) 17??

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:25 pm

Hello Guyz,

I'm orientating around te market and I am very interested in the skoop2, I'm going to test the new skoops and rhino2's. I'm just wondering.....i just read something about the buzzing of the leach of the Skoop2. Is that true?
I have some experience with flubbering leaches because I sail on racingyachts and from my knowing it isn't good for your outflow(aerodynamics) of your sail and it wears down the material.

Yours Nick from Amsterdam :thumb:

Fatfish98
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Fatfish98 » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:46 pm

No that was a 9.5 wook tested in overpowered conditions. I've used my 12 Wook when it was going from 22 to 36 knots! (nasty NW gusty bugger) last week and had no noise........in fact the only noise came from an F-One 9m dream that was buzzing a little......probably not pumped up quite hard enough.

Sake
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Sake » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:11 pm

I heard yesterday from someone that has 3 Skoop2's in his testcentre(SW of Holland), that all 3 made a rattling sound between 2 outer struts. From canopy flappingf. All 3 different sizes Skoop2's. He says it was an irritating sound and could image that that would harm the kite eventually. Weird.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:05 pm

Sake wrote:I heard yesterday from someone that has 3 Skoop2's in his testcentre(SW of Holland), that all 3 made a rattling sound between 2 outer struts. From canopy flappingf. All 3 different sizes Skoop2's. He says it was an irritating sound and could image that that would harm the kite eventually. Weird.
Some do this, others dont.

It is just like the Rhino2's, and some other brands too.

The increased ability to turn very fast, will make the tips develop a sligth turbulent wake in the side panel - which in some cases will give the flapping sound from the panel.

It only happens when you turn the kite hard - but you see it on more and more kites today, because of the increased ability to turn on a dime.

I will not say that it is not possible to avoid this in the designs - but it might be a hint, that many brands 2003 kites do this.

So I am not worried.

It has been covered in another thread, I remember...

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:12 pm

I suppose much has to do with set up too. My 14.5 Skoop 2 does not flap at all, certainly not in the way the Rhino 2 does. I did hear some noise from a skoop 2 at the weekend but it was just being cranked about on the beach in super light winds.. not enuff to get on the water... which is not what it was designed for.

Bring on that 19m :!:

mopman365
Frequent Poster
Gear: F-One Bandits, Directional

Postby mopman365 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:37 am

Hi again,

Heard from a good source in Cabarete that the 2003 Takoons are not as good as the 2002 was (in hangtime) and that the new material rips easily. Aparently all the Takoon riders use their 2002 kites, except Joseph Caneiro. Are they perhaps using something similar to icarex (light, crispy material used in stunt kites) that rips easily? Porcher sounds familiar - they make Icarex? I'm confused again. Back to North?

chris_wenger
Medium Poster

Rumors, rumors

Postby chris_wenger » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:13 am

I don't believe in rumors, no matter what source they come from

Just got my SkoopII 14.5 => haven't yet had the time testing it :(
But the kite seems to be better build than the 2002 model (nothing extraordinary, but solid work).

Some improvements / differences:

1. Wingtips are thicker than on the 2002 kite => leading edge can be pumped rock hard => relaunching will be easier => extremely segmented leading edge

2. Porcher material seems really light & strong (looks great)

3. Kite seems to have higher AR than 2002 => can't confirm this, have to measure a 2002 14.3

4. 2 Backline attachement points :)

5. I finally, they deliver the kite with a excellent bag

Can't wait to fly this baby :)

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:14 am

I can't say anything about the ripping, haven't heard about it here, other than the same rumours you mentioned.

Overall the big Skoop2 is much better kite's than the skoop, especially the big sizes, 14.5 & 17.
Haven't noticed anything about the hangtime, im not flying around with a watch :wink: I have only tried the 11.5 once in 22 knots, i felt i was more hanggliding than kitesurfing, so i haven't noticed.

The lowend performance is even better, than last year. Also is the kitefeeling and steering.

So i can't agree, the Skoop2 is Imo. much better than the skoop.

For me and my 65 Kg it's the best choice out there, i rig the same as the big guys and boost there by bigger air :bye:

I'm shop sponsored and could pick most of the brands on the market, but choose Skoop2 because i like them, mostly for the excellent depower.

Jan A
Denmark

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:04 am

crispy ripstop nylon from cheap kites, you obviously haven't even seen the new takoons have you.

Return to “Kitesurfing”