here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 pm
- Kiting since: 2007
- Brand Affiliation: None
I'm looking to put together a carbon fiber repair kit, one at home and one for travelling, for a carbon hydrofoil and board.
Just wondering what it should contain?
I assume some carbon cloth, epoxy... anything else?
I'm looking for specifics such as type of epoxy, carbon, etc.
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 405
- Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:58 pm
just a question; can you take these "real" two component epoxies on flights?
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 5509
- Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:25 pm
- Kiting since: 33
- Local Beach: God created the naki so the hardcore people would have a place to live.
- Favorite Beaches: Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
- Style: Always searching for flow!
- Gear: If you take 3.1415 from opinion. You get onion!
- Brand Affiliation: What do yo call an Alligator in a vest? ............... An Investigator.
What repairs are you planning to make? major structural repairs or just dings and scratches?
if its just dings and scratches then super glue, backing soda and sandpaper make for a quick repair.
I think also if you have to ask then the answer is you are not experienced enough to dabble in significant structural repairing.
Return to “Board Builders”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests