Just wanted to share my repair of a lift mast that broke. The original base plate delaminated and lift said there was nothing they could do because they no longer had the molds. So I 3d modeled and printed my own molds
I cut off the old base plate and planned on putting this all the way through to the base.
After that I laid up unidirectional carbon for the outerskin and sides and then built up the thickness of the baseplate with fiberglass. I attached a piece of Melamine to make the bottom of the plate and then leveled and plumbed the whole assembly to cure.
After curing I found my mold release did not work so I had to sand off the bondo, sandable primer and paint I had smoothed the form with.
I didn't vacuum the layup so i had a couple minor imperfections that needed filled and faired.
I haven't tried it yet and it was a bit of a learning process but I think it should work!