mopman365
Frequent Poster
Gear: F-One Bandits, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to fix delaminating Brunotti

Postby mopman365 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:58 am

Was thinking rough sand would be better for epoxy adhesion. There's a layer of ink/paint on both the plastic and the board surface. Looks like the (pink and white) design layer split in half. I may need to sand this back to the raw surfaces to get a proper bond? Or just epoxy in down and hope for the best?

How about Cyanoacrylate instead of Epoxy?

mopman365
Frequent Poster
Gear: F-One Bandits, Directional

Postby mopman365 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:08 am

LiquidXtasy wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:59 pm
You want to epoxy it, and if you do it it still will not turn out 100% brand new, but it will look 90% better.

Check out my thread, I have a step by step of how I fixed my delamination, all for under 10 bucks.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2398034&p=995806&hi ... ng#p995806

Don't let some guy on here tell you what's best with your equipment, you keep your equpment in good shape and it will always take care of you.
Thanks! I read your thread and now have hope for the future. Cheers.

Grkite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Paros - Pounda
Naxos-Mikri vigla
Mastichari-Kos
Favorite Beaches: Paros-Pounda
Gear: Cabrinha 2014 Vector 11
Cabrinha 2017 Switcblade 8
My handmade boards-HYPERION KITEBOARDS

Postby Grkite » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:48 pm

She needs a chance!! Even if I see a small bump on the rail in the start of the peel off of top sheet...and I sy that because this may happen if the rail is hitted and then the opening allows water to get in between the layers then it propagates and the pill off...is fast...I BELIEVE. So if you find any other bumps all around..i would grit a bit...fine one 200 250 grit to smooth the face of the rail in tha defected points.

As it seems you need to prepare the two surfaces. I believe 80 grit is good .for both surfaces and very good cleaning with clean alcohol..it evaporates faster even more expensive than aseton....BUT i belive you have to go deep in the top sheet..even taking out some colour of the graphics ...I would also risk flame it (top sheet only) but I wouldnt reccomend it ...SOO remember to MASK well and bottom areas .take out the fin probably?!...find good clamps...and yes use something medium hard to press the area with the clamps allowing you to as you press to pour out the resin....oooh yes use resin 15 mins one...and be carefull with mixing..(1% allowed error) and conditions temperature and humidity according to Expoxy resin you buy....

Return to “Gear Builders”