Rare Poster
Gear: naish park 2011
Brand Affiliation: naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Pivot jumping - Difficult to predict

Postby jessekite » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:44 am

Hi all,

I have recently bought a 8m pivot and I am really happy with it, but i found it hard to time the jumping well because the bar pressure is quite low. For example when is steer from 2 to 12 you don't feel much power, so i feel like you can't jump but when you push the bar there is actually a lot of power. But because of this, my timing is quite often wrong. Do more people experience this? I also find it harder to edge and then pop because of the low bar pressure, what makes jumping even harder. It feels like i never know how high I am going to jump. Every time it is a surprise haha. Do you guys have tips to jump well with a pivot?

Thanks!

Seabizzle
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Woodmans point, Leighton, Cottesloe, Scarborough
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui, Augusta Western Australia, Lancelin Western Australia
Style: Surf, Freeride
Gear: BWS Noise pro 10m, BWS noise classic 6m, Naish Fly 17m, Wainman Gambler 5'10"(R.I.P.) North Pro series 6'2, unidentified twin tip
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot jumping - Difficult to predict

Postby Seabizzle » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi have you tried changing the wing tip setting to the strongest bar pressure (the furthest from the wing tip) I found this to be the best setting for twin tip riding, it gives a little more grunty turns.

I had a 10m pivot and it was a good boosting kite

jessekite
Rare Poster
Gear: naish park 2011
Brand Affiliation: naish
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Pivot jumping - Difficult to predict

Postby jessekite » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Hi, I never tried it, but for sure I am going to try it now. Maybe it helps to time the jumps better. Thanks!

Return to “Kitesurfing”