Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Women's Harnesses

Forum for kitesurfers
m_glover
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pensacola Beach
Style: Surf
Gear: Boards: 5'3" and 5'8" Underground Kipuna Freewaves, Underground Fish, Airush Sector 52

Kites: Airush Ones, Airush Lithiums
Brand Affiliation: kiteboardcafe.com
Underground and Airush Dealer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Women's Harnesses

Postby m_glover » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Hi! I've been looking around for a waist harness and can't decide which one to buy. The choices are between the following as of now:

Dakine Siren
Dakine Wahine
Maui Magic Hana Harness
Pro Limit Pure Girl

I know I want a waist harness made specifically for a woman and was hoping for some pros and cons on the ones I've mentioned above. If you have one of these and don't mind taking the time to share your thoughts about it, I would be sincerely appreciative.

In addition if you have a different brand/style women's waist harness I would love to hear about it.

Thank you,
Meagan

Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Women's Harnesses

Postby Krazedkiter » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:08 am

Hands down the Maui Magic Hana is the best fitting and most comfortable womens specific harness...so my wife tells me.

Now Im a guy and this was for my wife...but believe me. We ordered.....and returned 2 out of the 3 harnesses u mention. The Maui Magic Hana didnt leave the house. She loved it. Lets just say that when she took lessons, her instructor (female) and another small framed male instructor both used it. We had already purchased it before the lesson and everyone talked about how comfy it is.

Now I feel a little awkward talking about this since Im a guy but the Hana is .....shaped better for your parts...... My wife tells me it fits parts better. There...are you happy :oops: :thumb:

All seriousness. She raves about it. So make your choice and try them on. You may think the Dakine is the bomb. Different harnesses fit different people.

m_glover
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pensacola Beach
Style: Surf
Gear: Boards: 5'3" and 5'8" Underground Kipuna Freewaves, Underground Fish, Airush Sector 52

Kites: Airush Ones, Airush Lithiums
Brand Affiliation: kiteboardcafe.com
Underground and Airush Dealer

Postby m_glover » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:27 am

Thanks a ton. That tells me a lot already. :D

I can't wait to get a new harness!!

echo
Rare Poster
Local Beach: L.I -> Great South Bay, Stehli, Bayville, Oak - Gilgo, West Meadow.
NYC -> Plumb, Breezy Point, CBB, Seagate.
Favorite Beaches: all of them.
kite spots - i've been to hood river and cape hatteras and like them both. i guess i'd have to say i like cape hatteras the most.
Style: playful
Gear: cabrinhas '10 and '11 switchblades (6m 8m and 10m); north jaime pro and paris boards
looking to get into wave and surf

Postby echo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 pm

even tho this thread is fairly old - I also agree...i tried about 3 dakine harnesses and the maui magic hana harness and the MM hana was by far the most comfortable and natural-feeling. i've been using it for about half a season and it's seen me go from total beginner to grom. i have gotten compliments on it from kiters that like the style and admire the well made hi-quality construction. go with it, you won't regret it...!

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Ocean rodeo session 3. Super comfy and you can attach leg straps for windier days to stop it rising or killing your ribs in high winds as its hybrid. Girl friend loves hers.

K-Roy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton
Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit X, XII, Breeze V2. and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Mitu Pro, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: Fone brand Ambassador

Postby K-Roy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:03 pm

My wife is small built, (50kg) she always complained about harness hurting her ribs and chest when over powered.
Untill she got the Ride Engine (XS) this one is perfect she said...

cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”