Favorite Beaches: Anguilla BWI, Hawaii and Brazil
Style: waves
Gear: Epic
Brand Affiliation: Epic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A new Kite girl

Postby thierrydehove » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:31 am

She is half French and half Bajanm but one complete lovely kitesurfing girl!

Why kitesurfing? "PFFF! This shouldn't even be a question!!! Once you are on the board and u get going there is no going back ? THE most amazing feeling ever; gliding freely and smoothly across the water and being at one with the elements."

Where are you from? I am half French and half Bajan (Barbados) ^^
Your age? Im 19 years old

Where did you grow up? I was born in Barbados then moved to NYC, Norway, Germany, the Bahamas, South Africa, Montreal, and Dominican Republic

Music? Honestly most types of music I usually listen mostly reggae, house, electronic, random stuff, latin music like salsa, bachata, and merengue and also some RnB hip hop stuff.

Interested in..? Finance and international wealth/asset management. KITING of course, Horseback riding, diving, salsa dancing, and just plain old fun hehe

Food? I LOVE FOOD!!! Haha favourite food is my mom?s food or things with a lot of flavour!!! And SPICY!! Im always up for trying new types of food ^^

Favorite kite/surfing spots for you? Le Morne Mauritius (Surfing) and OVERALL => Cabarete Bay in the Dominican Republic , i'm always in Cabarete because my dad has some awesome places down there check it out; www.oceandreamcabarete.com its perrrfect for anyone coming for a relaxing/party/kite vacation!!! I LOVE it... by far one of the best places for meeting people and having perfect kiting conditions (everyday) in the world!!!

How long have you been doing this? Started kiting when I was about 12 but then stopped because I no longer lived near the ocean. I just got back into it about 2 years ago and im really happy I did.

Why kite/surfing? PFFF! This shouldn't even be a question!!! Once you are on the board and u get going there is no going back ?you are hooked!! THE most amazing feeling ever; gliding freely and smoothly across the water and being at one with the elements.

What does your family think of this? They LOVE it. I owe it to my dad who got my hooked onto kiting. My dad has been kiting ever since the beginning of the sport. I remember seeing it the first time in Hawaii at Kalua Bay when I was about 7-8 years old.

What does this sport mean to you? This sport represents the pure essence of freedom and nature... I just love how this sport is all natural no motors no engines etc. As much it is an extreme sport it is an art.

Favorite tricks? Unhooked Ralley ( I would love to do it with a kite loop but I haven't built up the courage yet)

Have you ever been in an accident? ALMOST!!! Hehe two kites hitting into each other and getting tangled together but luckily we both used our security on time

Vision...you wishes for the future : To see my self in Kiteworld magazine one day, no cover but just some article would be sweet!

Ljana form TPK Girls
http://www.tropical-paradise-kitesurfin ... girls.html

Return to “Kitesurfing”