Favorite Beaches: Máncora, Perú
Gear: bws noise
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Recommendations for Perú and Ecuador?!

Postby RainerM » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:04 pm

Hey,
I've just been to Perú and was searching for some kitesurfing-spots - and I'll be here (Perú and Ecuador) for a few mor weeks - does anyone have recommendations for the coast here?

If you are going to Perú and are searching for a good spot, I'd really recommend Máncora. We've been there for 4 weeks and really enjoyed it! We were learning how to kitesurf there and the waves are changing in a very nice way: On some days you have less waves - amazing for us to learn - and on others you have high waves, which was great as well! The wind is usually good in the afternoon - even now, though it's not the right season for learning. There are three kitesurfing schools, where you can also rent kites: The cheapest and best one is the Mancora Kite Club. If the wind one day is not that good, these schools can also take you to other beaches nearby, that might have better winds. And you will also find a lot of hotels and nice bars for the night - from very inexpensive to high-class ones.

So all in all I can really recommend that spot - and would be keen to get to know recommendations from you as well!

Return to “Kitesurfing”