Favorite Beaches: Down the street from my house, frisco when conditions require
Style: Waves
Gear: Best Cabo very recently. BWS, Epic
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: perfect wave kite

Postby CRD » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:51 am

I will second as I have before the wind range quoted by clam for the Epic Surf Kite. MAJOR difference in wind range from the kites i previously used. I am not making this up it is my real view.

Again i have the 8 and 12, i still agree with clams quoted wind range. I have had the wind increase to 45 with the 8. It was still fun at 35 but certainly too much at 45 but i did still have control of the kite. I dont like kiting in 45. Hope that makes sense or does this need to be extremely technical.

I'm sorry plummet that you do not get to try many kites due to shipping issues. clams claims are correct in my view.

baobob
Medium Poster
Gear: Airush Razor 11, Hadlow pro 9&7,
Tona Pop 138
Trampa modified deck titanium trucks

Postby baobob » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:40 pm

clam111 wrote:Hey Plummet (aka conspiracy theory), Who doesn't know Dimitri? I've been riding for 12 years, 53 years old, only strapless, can ride ANY equipment I want. I really do love the surf kite. I also use a Vanguard 5'2 not Epic surf boards. Let me tell you the Epic surf 8 with the Vanguard in head high waves is about as fun as it gets. For me, I want a surf kite to be able to drift, turn on a dime and have good range, boosting is the last thing I want. I do jump a lot strapless and the Epic kite can jump. The Renegade I would think jumps better. I only get on the forum if I really like something.
I agree with plummet that it looks pretty strange. Is the Epic Surf kite the only big thing happened in kitesurf in the last 12 Years?
Anyway if Toby would like to act like a moderator he can easily see the log and check if the IP used by cam111 is the same as the one used by Dimitri. Unfortunatly this check could work only in one way as the post weren't made at the same time. To be precise if the IP/mac address is the same, well you can be sure the poster is the same. If IP/Mac address is different you can't claim is not the same poster.
Furthermore you can check if there was any password request for user clam111, I don't know many people who remember passwords for so long without actually using it.

rebelluk
Rare Poster
Local Beach: kerry
Style: oldshool,freestyle,wave
Gear: north,flexi
Been thanked: 0

Postby rebelluk » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Peter Lynn Swell kite 6 sqm 24 m lines.
Shot in Ireland during Winter Session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5fkpYsZLYY

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:33 pm

Anyway if Toby would like to act like a moderator he can easily see the log and check if the IP used by cam111 is the same as the one used by Dimitri. Unfortunatly this check could work only in one way as the post weren't made at the same time. To be precise if the IP/mac address is the same, well you can be sure the poster is the same. If IP/Mac address is different you can't claim is not the same poster.
Furthermore you can check if there was any password request for user clam111, I don't know many people who remember passwords for so long without actually using it.
With all due respect Mr.baobob, but my name is "Dimitri M" and that is the only name I use. What you see is what you get. I have a great product and I don't need to play games or get fake names.
Concerning this person "cam111" I have no idea who he is because he is not using his real name. But you have to understand I meet a lot of people when I do my demos or travel world wide.

As you can see right now I am in the Turks & Caicos doing a photo shoot.

P.S. I am sure Toby knows what's going on.
Attachments
DSC_7649 (1).jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”