Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Ryan Coote - Hard Learning Video

Postby Toby » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Ryan Coote - Hard Learning video

So the Winter finally arrived here in Ireland. I know it sounds MENTAL but I am a winter boy through and through. The winter for me in Ireland brings quiet roads, loads of rainbows and more importantly strong winds and heavy Waves.

This Hard Learning Video was shot on the west coast of Ireland at a pretty sheltered location. That will give you an idea as to the size of the swell that was running that day.

I think the Wave buoys off the coast measured the raw ocean swell at 13.5m at 16 sec.

The swell that we encountered had a serious fresh feel about it and was not very organized so it meant that each wave that came through that hit the reef had a different shape and angle to it each time so you really had to be careful. Which as you will see on the video we were not as we get hammered by a good few.

Hope you enjoy the Video. I know I enjoyed being out there. I also enjoy the fact that I am sitting here at home in my kitchen watching it all in one piece ready for the next mission into the bell of beast.

Ryan

Return to “Kitesurfing”