Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, St. Peter Ording
Style: free/wave
Gear: ❤️Core/Carved❤️Forever❤️
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Modern wave kite

Postby DWX » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:41 am

Someone who hasn't kited since 2007 really isn't a great point of reference for the rest and he needs to stay safes he re-enter the game.

Thanks Sonny for confirming delta will keep my ass safe😘

Please only give advice that's helpful, not what makes you feel/look good, PLEASE!

Safety is very important in our sport and we aren't doing anyone a favor if we are here for the King of Puff Air.

Just sayn'

Loads of love😘🤙

Keep rippin'

DWX
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Travel only

Postby DWX » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:17 am

P.S. Starsky, my man, you are smart n educated enough to know reading comprehension isn't needed here! Word of advice, hon, since you are starting to grow on me: leave that Libtard education you got aside and try to develop your real talents. You got them! God gave you plenty. Hang loose 😘

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Well you seem to have misunderstood my initial post.

I outlined the development of WAVE kites from 2007 to present.

You called it bullshit then reference Britney spears.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:45 pm

DWX wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:17 am
Liberated
Who knew kites were a bipartisan matter? :roll:

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Starsky wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:18 pm
Well you seem to have misunderstood my initial post.

I outlined the development of WAVE kites from 2007 to present.

You called it bullshit then reference Britney spears.
Bury the hatchet? I think ppl are getting tired of our little war. I'll buy you a ticket to her concert😉

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:45 pm
DWX wrote:
Liberated
No idea what you are saying, but with all the zombies out there it's hard to know when to inoculate

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:06 am

DWX wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:27 pm
Kamikuza wrote:
DWX wrote:
Liberated
No idea what you are saying, but with all the zombies out there it's hard to know when to inoculate
Haha autocorrect fixed Libtard.

That was what I was taking about.

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:18 am

Starsky wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:16 pm
Yes, pretty much every wave kite is going to be significantly different from your revs. Those were a classic Waroo style 5 strut all rounder from the days before delta kites. They were higher aspect, as the fashion at the time was more air than wave. They will pull too hard and drift poorly compared to anything in the wave segment from the last few years.

The intro of the delta designs like the F-one, and then everyone else, shaped kite design for a couple generations after your revs and introduced better stability, drift, depower and a lighter three strut platform. The wave segment eventually got a bit more boxy in outline from there and use less and less dacron, improving turning response and bar feel. That is two decent steps in performance. 2007 was a decade ago! Almost halfway back in the sports history! Look at other slingshot kites from that era. Even the fuel had not fully matured in 2007 and made huge advances in 2009.

Almost any lei kite can pull off a little crossover, but if you're decided that strapless riding is your mainstay, you're better off with a kite better suited to the job.

Your kites are really old, so anything new will feel like an upgrade. might as well restrict your search to the wave segment. There are plenty and it should not be hard to find something from the last few years at a bargain.
Starsky's right on the money. I used Waroos from 2006 to 2013, then tried a Cabo wave kite. It was a revelation. Very quick turning & very sensitive to sheeting, which means you can turn off the power when you want, which is great for riding, on or turning on a wave. Downside is wave kites - at least my Cabos - are pretty mediocre for jumping. Like Starsky says, any freeride kite should be respectable in waves, but a dedicated wave kite, especially for strapless riding, offers significantly more control.

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:05 am

Kamikuza wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:06 am
DWX wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:27 pm
Kamikuza wrote:

Haha autocorrect fixed Libtard.

That was what I was taking about.
Oh, I see... well, I used the word twice, I think, once w ref to Tyler Durden (ancient pop history) & once in ref to an educational system. These aren’t political references, unless YOU make them

I can’t believe I have to explain this... maybe what got you confused is the fact that the educational system I referred to is extremely politicized, but that’s not my problem, not anymore.

And they were addressed to Starsky specifically!!!

DWX
Frequent Poster

Postby DWX » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:14 am

Flyboy wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:18 am
Starsky wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:16 pm
Yes, pretty much every wave kite is going to be significantly different from your revs. Those were a classic Waroo style 5 strut all rounder from the days before delta kites. They were higher aspect, as the fashion at the time was more air than wave. They will pull too hard and drift poorly compared to anything in the wave segment from the last few years.

The intro of the delta designs like the F-one, and then everyone else, shaped kite design for a couple generations after your revs and introduced better stability, drift, depower and a lighter three strut platform. The wave segment eventually got a bit more boxy in outline from there and use less and less dacron, improving turning response and bar feel. That is two decent steps in performance. 2007 was a decade ago! Almost halfway back in the sports history! Look at other slingshot kites from that era. Even the fuel had not fully matured in 2007 and made huge advances in 2009.

Almost any lei kite can pull off a little crossover, but if you're decided that strapless riding is your mainstay, you're better off with a kite better suited to the job.

Your kites are really old, so anything new will feel like an upgrade. might as well restrict your search to the wave segment. There are plenty and it should not be hard to find something from the last few years at a bargain.
Starsky's right on the money. I used Waroos from 2006 to 2013, then tried a Cabo wave kite. It was a revelation. Very quick turning & very sensitive to sheeting, which means you can turn off the power when you want, which is great for riding, on or turning on a wave. Downside is wave kites - at least my Cabos - are pretty mediocre for jumping. Like Starsky says, any freeride kite should be respectable in waves, but a dedicated wave kite, especially for strapless riding, offers significantly more control.
What you are saying is very different from what Starsky is saying! I was annoyed by the fact that he is inventing a seemingly authoritative or authoritarian history of the kite and blocking discussion of the real issues of performance and safety. Not his fault! They taught him to cheat like that in school! (See above discussion)

I did say the faster kites are for pros (I even know pros who prefer delta on the wave), but we aren’t all at that level and someone who hasn’t kited since 2007, the person who started the thread, certainly isn’t at that level. It’s like putting a beginner on a short board, if you want to compare to surfing! Tvey won’t learn and will give up in frustration.

Let’s try to stick with lived experience & what the other person really needs!

Please respond to what’s being asked. Entertaining comments are great fun and a good laugh, but misinformation about kite material is not entertaining. It’s mildly dangerous.

Return to “Kitesurfing”