Local Beach: Port Elizabeth
Style: Surf
Gear: RRD
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New 2018 RRD Religion

Postby hyptocrypto » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Anyone tried this kite yet, would appreciate some feedback how it compares to previous models and other wave kites on the market. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0005.JPG

Javier Fernández
Rare Poster
Gear: Rrd
Brand Affiliation: Rrd

Re: New 2018 RRD Religion

Postby Javier Fernández » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Hyptocrypto, I am Javier Fernández RRD Spanish Team Rider.

It's a good question and I think I can answer you well, since I know a lot all previus RRD Relis and all the mk8 Protos up to this ended Mk8, because I helped in protos tests and I have already done open test on the beach with fan riders with the new Reli Mk8 and with all previus ones.

Instantly, the first thing you feel with this new Religion Mk8 shape is the smooth bar pressure , with around 50% less pressure than the previous models.

The second is the speed, becouse it is perfect trim and has weight reduction , with a little less dacron than in previous models. Two pulleys only in the small measures, 8m to down, not for bad trim, if not to stabilize with strong winds. In large ones , 9m to up, no pulleys for give more speed and reaction. Having the same big depower, control and following in wave than in the previous ones without fall down. And with a longer shape with split ends we have more power and speed than in the mk7.

If we have to compare it with another brand, it could be defined as a kite with the speed and low bar pressure like the F-One Bandid, but with the rigidity and strong construction of RRD, blader at 10dps of pressure and rag built with interlaced panels that give it a conpact shape in the air without flames.

Really all the hard work of R&D and Testing for 2018 than RRD has done are remarkable. And all the people will see , and speak about it. Just test it pls. I will be around CT from 5F to 12M, and we can ride it and test it together. All feedbacks are well come.

Excuse my English and I hope I helped. For any question msg me.

Greetings to all !!

hyptocrypto
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Port Elizabeth
Style: Surf
Gear: RRD

Postby hyptocrypto » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Javier Fernández wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:13 pm
Hi Hyptocrypto, I am Javier Fernández RRD Spanish Team Rider.

It's a good question and I think I can answer you well, since I know a lot all previus RRD Relis and all the mk8 Protos up to this ended Mk8, because I helped in protos tests and I have already done open test on the beach with fan riders with the new Reli Mk8 and with all previus ones.

Instantly, the first thing you feel with this new Religion Mk8 shape is the smooth bar pressure , with around 50% less pressure than the previous models.

The second is the speed, becouse it is perfect trim and has weight reduction , with a little less dacron than in previous models. Two pulleys only in the small measures, 8m to down, not for bad trim, if not to stabilize with strong winds. In large ones , 9m to up, no pulleys for give more speed and reaction. Having the same big depower, control and following in wave than in the previous ones without fall down. And with a longer shape with split ends we have more power and speed than in the mk7.

If we have to compare it with another brand, it could be defined as a kite with the speed and low bar pressure like the F-One Bandid, but with the rigidity and strong construction of RRD, blader at 10dps of pressure and rag built with interlaced panels that give it a conpact shape in the air without flames.

Really all the hard work of R&D and Testing for 2018 than RRD has done are remarkable. And all the people will see , and speak about it. Just test it pls. I will be around CT from 5F to 12M, and we can ride it and test it together. All feedbacks are well come.

Excuse my English and I hope I helped. For any question msg me.

Greetings to all !!

Thanks Javier,

I have just received an 8m so will let you know how I like it shortly.

Makogirl
Rare Poster
Local Beach: lac st-pierre, Quebec
Favorite Beaches: chapin ,ma,
Style: waves
Gear: firewire and Ozone Reo

Postby Makogirl » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:13 pm

thanks for the feed back,

how about for female rider ?

there is so many changes in the 2018,

why did they change a winning formula... ?

I will follow this post for sure,, :bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”