Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Nobile Infinity Split foil or Split surf board for waves

Forum for kitesurfers
Pol Kiter
Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone, Flysurfer, North...
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Nobile Infinity Split foil or Split surf board for waves

Postby Pol Kiter » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi,

I am really interested in getting a split board from Nobile, either the foil or the surf board.

I would like to know if you would even consider the foil version for riding waves (without the hydrofoil). It sounds really good to have a board for foil and waves that can be checked in as normal baggage but will it be very limited in waves? Has any of you tried it?

These are the boards:

Foil (5.2):

Surf (5.6):

I don't want to spend the money and be disappointed on my first session in waves.

Thanks!

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Re: Nobile Infinity Split foil or Split surf board for waves

Postby Dave_5280 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:00 pm

You might also want to call the company directly and talk to a few employees that have used them - I’ve gotten some good information this way. From what I’ve read, Nobile was an early leader building split boards and has gotten good reviews. I don’t think you can go wrong buying one of their boards and the resale value should be good. Good luck and be sure to post a review on how you like them.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:22 pm

I am also tempted by it. Someone I know got one it's really nice not too heavy good as a surf good for foiling and easy to travel with great combo!

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:36 pm

Foil 5.2. Its very good board for strapless riding. Different feel than "normal" volume board - but i like it much much better - i mean this different feel. Its much calmer and less sketchy
Only problem its is little bit heavy - which can be problem for strapless jumps

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Thu May 03, 2018 11:09 pm

I have the 2018 infinity split & zen foil.
Unfortunately the conditions are not good for foiling at Vargas (GC) right now. (To be honest I haven’t foiled one meter at all but really looking forward to it) so I’ve had some sessions with it with straps in choppy conditions on my 7m.
It doesn’t come close to my surfboard, I wished it was more like it.. But I’m having fun on it and starting to like it a bit more every day and I will ditch the straps tomorrow because the strapped jumping feels heavy and the board looks like it’s meant to ride strapless.. 8)
The deck feels very nice, good grip with and without shoes.
The board is very stable, strap / foot change in gybe or after is very easy, you can almost walk around unpunished..
Traveling was indeed super easy with it and when assembled (which is very easy) it doesn’t feel like a split board, it’s solid (and a bit heavy but that’s the price of a split board I think)
The travel bag is very nice but Nobile should ditch the wheels, totally unnecessary and useless the way they are now, like Gumball also said it’s a waste of at least half a kilo luggage.
If you really looking for a good waveboard than first try before you buy, don’t expect a great waveboard, it is simply not fast enough in speeding up, the bottom turns and cut backs are slow, you need to adjust (and that took me some time)
I’ll see tomorrow how it is for me without the straps.. 8)
I guess to much information..

Janus
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Private Kite & Wing Beach d'Epine
Gear: *

Postby Janus » Fri May 04, 2018 6:46 pm

Hmm indeed to much information and to much use of the word very and easy I see..
I’m ditching the straps, I had fun today.. :D

SolarSet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Hel Peninsula
Gear: This & that

Postby SolarSet » Sun May 13, 2018 3:17 pm

I'm considering buying w LW TT board preferable in split form (already have a NHP split) can you guy confirm how much better would be a flying carpet (or other LW board) vs Nobile Foil Infinity split? I'm looking to try foil next year and buying some LW board so I though I could kill two birds with one stone...
Do you recon Nobile Foil Infinity will be any good on LW?

Return to “Kitesurfing”