Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RRD Religion MK8 experience

Forum for kitesurfers
Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

RRD Religion MK8 experience

Postby Onda » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi all,
I´m looking for a new 9/10 m² wave kite (to replace my old Reo V3 10 m²).
It has to fit to my 7 m² Reo V4 and should fly very stable in low winds (for foiling).
I´m really interested in the 9 m² Religion MK8.

My most urgent question to you Religion experienced: How strong is the "grunt" of the Religion MK8 really? I don´t like kites which pull too strongly or which generate a power peak during fast turnings.

Many thanks for your views!

mattenzuchtig
Medium Poster
Style: freeride/wave
Gear: all that is good quality and affordable
Has thanked: 0

Re: RRD Religion MK8 experience

Postby mattenzuchtig » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Onda wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:17 pm
Hi all,
I´m looking for a new 9/10 m² wave kite (to replace my old Reo V3 10 m²).
It has to fit to my 7 m² Reo V4 and should fly very stable in low winds (for foiling).
I´m really interested in the 9 m² Religion MK8.

My most urgent question to you Religion experienced: How strong is the "grunt" of the Religion MK8 really? I don´t like kites which pull too strongly or which generate a power peak during fast turnings.

Many thanks for your views!
Try ozone V4 or V5. Huge difference compared to V3...much smoother...perfect for what you are looking for no pulleys etc...l had V3...now V4..so know what l am talking about😉
Matti

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone

Postby Onda » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:13 am

After having missed two opportunities for used Reos V4 in 10 m² :angryfire: I´ve bought a new Religion MK8 in 9 m² for a very good price (thanks You-Love-It.eu).
I´ve flewn the Religion over it´s whole wind range now and have to say: A very sweet wave kite :thumb:
Light bar feeling, very agile / fast / nimble for a 9 m² wave kite. Very good low end (like the 10 m² Reo V3, I´d say) and very good high end as well. At it´s high end it stays very calm and feels totally controllable (the best kite I´ve flewn so far in this regard). Very good downwind drift and very stable in the air, even in very gusty wind conditions (slightly offshore wind with obstacles at the beach, thus very holey wind near beach).
No the slightest flutter of the trailing edge when you turn the kite fast and depowered (better here than the Reo)
My original concern regarding too much power / grunt during quick turns was unfounded, luckily. The Religion has a very comfortable pull (I hate much pull!) which can be easily adjusted by the depower throw (I use the Cabrinha 1X Trimlite bar) at any time and situation.
At first glance I was a bit sceptic beause of the delta-ish shape (much more than the smaller sizes from 8 m² and smaller). Also not really a light weight kite (2.80 kg / 9 m²) But it really does everything perfectly for me.
However, the whole kite feeling is very very different from the Reo (so much lighter in every aspect), which needs some adaption if you swap kites directly (like I do).

mattenzuchtig
Medium Poster
Style: freeride/wave
Gear: all that is good quality and affordable
Has thanked: 0

Postby mattenzuchtig » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:55 pm

:thumb: :thumb:
good to hear....
Matti

Return to “Kitesurfing”