smurphd
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Carbrinha spade, weight, flex?

Postby smurphd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi,
I can't find anything about the weight and flex on these boards so i hope someone can chime in. I find it quite annoying when manufactures don't give weight info on surf boards. I'm interested in any year and both sizes, but mostly 2018 5,3.
I have a cabrinha skillet 2011 which I really liked, I think it's the board I've used the most ever. But it's very stiff, no flex at all, so it was very hard on my knees. That board can take some serious beating though. So I'd like to know if the spades are as stiff as well. Now I use a hb anti 5.0 and its very light, like 2.3kg and I really enjoy that a lot. I don't want to go back to a heavy board ever again, I do want to go back to having a nose and a narrower tail though, but I also don't expect to find anything as light and durable as the anti. I suspect the spade Is not in the light end since they give no info. If you have anything else to add, please do
Frank

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Carbrinha spade, weight, flex?

Postby naishdude » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Spade 5'6 2018 3,86kg with thruster fin
maybe you can get some infor from here:

http://gleiten.tv/index.php/video/actio ... /page/351/

cheers dude :cool2:

smurphd
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0