Style: surf
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kites for Maine-US

Postby hsantos69 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Dear All,
I just moved to Portland-ME and would like to know the best kitewave spots here and the kite sizes that they are normally using here.
Somebody can help?

Greenturtle
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Presque Isle, Erie PA
Favorite Beaches: Bahamian Cays
Gear: Edge 19, Flite 17, 14.5, 12, 10, 8, Cloud 13.4, 10.4, 8, 6.2, 3.7
Tons of boards for water, land, and snow

Re: Kites for Maine-US

Postby Greenturtle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:36 pm

All the sizes of course, haha, no really :)

The ocean is super duper freakin cold in Maine, even late summer you will need a very thick hooded high quality wetsuit or a drysuit. I’ve surfed there in December and its quite an experience. Props to all the watermen living there.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Re: Kites for Maine-US

Postby matth » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 pm

7, 9,12 and maybe a 15m for light wind days( 80% of your riding will be on the 9 and 12 assuming your are average weight)...Ogunquit and Wells gets decent waves, and so does the NH coastline which is not to far from Portland. Yes it can get cold, buy a quality wet suit and don't kite alone or in offshore conditions... There is a regular crew who ride the NH coast and they get lots of smoking days.....if you need more info PM me and I can add you to local chat group which is mostly Boston and Cape Riders but a few NH coast guys are on there...

Return to “Kitesurfing”