Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Visible buoys!

Postby Toby » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Just saw the videos of the PKRA Brazil course racing.

Everyone who races know the problems with the buoys...sometimes impossible to see!

This buoy in Brazil looks very good, there should be a standard buoy for all world cup races!
Attachments
Buoy.png
Buoy.png (84.63 KiB) Viewed 782 times

gbleck
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Visible buoys!

Postby gbleck » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:17 pm

I see your point. The standard size 4 sided inflaitable dice and inflatable beer can shapes are kind of hard to spot in anything other then calm conditions but going to a standard would be expensive and would be a barier to competitions. Maybe a sugested height for windward or weather marks on a standard triangle? Realy the only mark that needs to be larger. The offset is realy close to the weather mark so it can be a dinky little guy. The triangle if set correctly should be simple to spot going by angle off the offset. It is also not as far away as the windward from the start. Same with the leward. It's also usualy near the start boat so that makes it simpler to find. You ever see the red bull air race inflatable marks? That would be cool. Only problem with going to big would be Line snaging the mark. I managed to snag the anchor line on my practice mark but that was just a tide laundry detergent bottle with a bit of spectra and a brick. Set the line with just the brick and no little weight a few feet under the mark to keep the line down and it floated up and yippy found yet another way to kook out on a race board.

Return to “Kitesurfing”