Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Race reports: Kitesurf World Cup Sylt from Gunnar Biniash

Postby Toby » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Flysurfer News:

Race reports: Kitesurf World Cup Sylt (European Championships Course Racing)

The Kitesurf World Cup Sylt 2010 was held from June 22nd to 27th. The elite of European racers battled on Sylt (Germany) with each other, in a tough competition, for the European title in Course Racing. Flysurfer and Flyboards teamrider Gunnar Biniash reports:

Last Week the European Race Championships were held on the German Island of Sylt, as part of the Kitesurf World Cup Sylt 2010.

Almost all of Europe's best Racers where there to fight for the European crown. Bruno Sroka did not have it so easy this time around and had a hard fought battle over 14 Races against Dutch Racer Rolf van der Vlugt. In the end it was super close between the two of them, but Bruno still managed to win, congratulations to him.

For me (Gunnar) it was a great competition. Everything came together nicely and I can keep up with the rest of the top fleet. My new Magma Custom Raceboard together with my Flysurfer Speed3 19m2 Deluxe worked extremely well, and I am quite proud about my two 2nd place finishes, especially the one where I managed to beat Bruno. This was one of my goals I set for myself this year, so I was very happy to achieve it. Now I just have to keep doing it :-).

Next stop will be on Fuerteventura to train for the PKRA Germany and Fuerteventura Races.
Attachments
13.jpeg

Return to “Kitesurfing”