Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2011 naish venturi....any feedback????

Postby davesails7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

coleman wrote:Hawaiis, my typical conditions are 10-17 light days. 15-25 windy days and sometimes 20-30+.
Usually gusty.

What's the sweet spot with a 9m edge and a race board?
You will probably be able to ride the race board with a 9m from 14 or 15 knots, but that's when I move to a twintip. In under 15 knots, the water is nice and flat so you can fly around on the raceboard and have a ton of fun. After 15 knots (depending on your local conditions) it gets pretty choppy and it's hard to keep your speed up. You can ride a raceboard in higher winds, but it's not much fun.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:51 pm

I wanna go with a big kite on a raceboard simply because it still need some bottom pull. It is just so much fun.

I also tried some new fins on the 2013 Venturi..huuuuge difference. Super fun, and so fast.

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 am

tautologies wrote:I also tried some new fins on the 2013 Venturi..huuuuge difference. Super fun, and so fast.
What fins did you try? Is there a significant difference between 2012 Venturi (the biggest one) and the 2013 board?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:53 am

RalfsB wrote: Is there a significant difference between 2012 Venturi (the biggest one) and the 2013 board?
I gotta figure out the fins. i am not sure what they were yet.

In terms of the boards difference. yessir big difference. So first of all it has the same type v cutoff tail that most boards have. The fins seems to be spread out a little more, but I am not sure about that....and the nose has a lot more rocker. Actually the nose looked kind of extreme until I tried it. Once I took the board out in big chop I really got it. The board glides over chop much more effortless and I must say it is a lot easier to ride fast on a reach or across the wind which is what I like. I can't wait to ride it side by side with a buddy that has the 2012 board. I'll really get a feel for how it works.

A.

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 am

tautologies wrote:In terms of the boards difference. yessir big difference. ... The board glides over chop much more effortless and I must say it is a lot easier to ride fast on a reach or across the wind which is what I like.
Tempting... How can I ride my 2012 board after reading this? :)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:50 pm

RalfsB wrote: Tempting... How can I ride my 2012 board after reading this? :)
haha...I know the feeling. I guess it depends..do you have the big board? Do you have any problems with chop? A lot of board I've ridden in big chop you can feel on the nose how it hits the chop. This part they've really made a huge effort on. I have not had a change to measure it against newer boards from other brands where I ride...but it will be fun to see how it measures up.

Do you have any chance to demo it?

Return to “Kitesurfing”