Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Looking for foot strap placement input on 2013 north ltd.

Forum for kitesurfers
FrederikS
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Looking for foot strap placement input on 2013 north ltd

Postby FrederikS » Tue May 28, 2013 8:09 am

cglazier wrote:
FrederikS wrote:Do you have a link to a webshop that sells them by any chance? would love a set :)
http://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/v ... ategory=12

and thanks to Ronnie and Gunnar for clarifying the rules.. it never occurred to me that this might be a violation.

:wink: CG
Much appreciated :)!

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby stefaans » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:07 pm

easy finbox fix is to just cut some cat5 cable that everybody has laying around everywhere or really easy to get. works perfect 1 layer on each end super fast to do and easy to work with.

I used those NSi stick ons on 3 boars so far. did come of on one board ending in nasty wipeout but worked great on the others. I would recommend not sticking it to the back of the board but rather the front.

enid
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby enid » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:16 am

gmb13 wrote:
The placement depends very much on your weight, your skill level and water conditions.

Here are some pointers:

Back Straps: The Farther back, the more leverage you will have on the fin, eg less pressure. This works if the wind is strong and the water is flat. The lighter the wind you want to move the strap father up to be able to push the board harder on the upwind

Front Straps: The farther forward you go, the more stable (less jumpy)the boards gets, but also slower.

--
Gunnar

Gunnar, could you explain it more precisely:

Back Straps: The further back the strap, less pressure on back leg.
The futher up (forward) back strap, the better upwind angle?? Is it correct?

Front Straps: The further forward front straps, the more stable (less jumpy)the boards gets, but
also slower. What about the upwind angle?

As much as I understand the further back I put both straps (back and front) the better upwind angle I should have and less speed and control upwind?

What about the footstraps position regarding the bodyweight and the wind conditions?
And what about the footstraps position regarding the downwind course?
And what about the footstraps position regarding the inside/outside position on the board?

Enid

Return to “Kitesurfing”