Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Southeastern Virginia Hydrofoil Regatta! Any interest?

Forum for kitesurfers
Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Southeastern Virginia Hydrofoil Regatta! Any interest?

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:17 pm

Kiteforum family,
I'm trying to get a bead on the interest level for a local area regatta in Southeastern Virginia. I put together a quick Facebook Poll to gauge interest and help understand what participants might want out of an event in this area.

If you're interested in seeing another seasonal event get established on the east coast of the US, please take a moment to follow this link to complete the survey:

https://poll.fbapp.io/southern-chesapea ... il-regatta

Thanks!

Mossy

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Southeastern Virginia Hydrofoil Regatta! Any interest?

Postby BWD » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:37 pm

add a pursuit/rally event for us slower/newer types, great idea!

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Re: Southeastern Virginia Hydrofoil Regatta! Any interest?

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:41 pm

BWD wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:37 pm
add a pursuit/rally event for us slower/newer types, great idea!
Awesome idea, the regattas I've been to have mostly been Saturday/Sunday course racing with a distance/pursuit race on the Friday before hand for those that can spare the extra weekday to race.

I've also been thinking about doing an "around the lights" type race between Middle Ground Lighthouse and Thimble Shoals Light. They're 9.5 miles apart so a round trip with a finish line would be a nice 20 to 25 mile leg-burner. The biggest problem with that is you really need a steady breeze to sail around that part of Norfolk Harbor, if the wind drops out you're in a really busy shipping channel and the chase boats' heads would explode.

Return to “Kitesurfing”