Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Any recommended kitesurfing beaches in Dorset?

Forum for kitesurfers
cruisemaster
Rare Poster
Local Beach: watergate bay, north cornwall
Favorite Beaches: watergate bay, north cornwall
Style: beginner - basic
Gear: Flexifoil Atom 12 metre, Da Kine harness, Nobile board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Any recommended kitesurfing beaches in Dorset?

Postby cruisemaster » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi guys

I am a new beginner who is becoming more and more interested in the sport. Just bought my first kite (Flexifoil Atom, 12 metre) and am looking forward to a tourist-free beach during the Winter so I can practice, practice, practice!!
My home beach for this Winter is Watergate Bay, North Cornwall, so looking forward to some decent winds and to getting to know more of the kitesurfers that use this beach.
Looks like I'll be moving areas in the Spring due to my work. Can anyone out there recommend any good beaches to use in the Bournemouth/Poole area? Are there any beaches that are off-limits to kitesurfers?
Also would be interested in any advice regarding typical bad habits when you are starting out, so I know what not to do!!

Thanks

robbygk
Medium Poster
Local Beach: bournemouth, poole, sandbanks
Style: Freeride
Gear: flysurfer unity 10m, pulse2 8m and speed 3 15m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Any recommended kitesurfing beaches in Dorset?

Postby robbygk » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:58 pm

Pretty much all of the beaches in bournemouth and poole are kite friendly in the winter, spring months.

Sand banks in poole is were most people go, flat water and no deeper than chest high waters.

The new reef is being built at boscombe pier at the moment, so hopefully there'll be some good wave.

Hope this helps
rob k

Return to “Kitesurfing”