Favorite Beaches: Playa del Carmen
Style: Beginner
Gear: Airush Flow 06 14m, Cabrinha Prodigy board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newbie Kite from Cancun, Mexico

Postby la_mente » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:37 am

Hi there everyone. mi name is Xavier and my friends call me Mente (like Mind), im a barely new kiter, i spend the last season learning on a Airush Flow 14mts, this C Kite gave me a very small window for using it (most of the season we have winds on a 10-25knts range). Im about 75kg (150 lbs) and most of the time i found myself over powered and having to stay on the beach waiting for less wind.

Now im looking for a second kite, i preferr a bow kite, in the 9 -12mts range i have done some research, and i wanted to have some feedback to make a good desicion.
* First I have a Best Waroo 08 11mts. Some of my friends have this kite and has very good opinions about it, besides, its a good deal i think
* North Rhino 08 10mts. I just liked. And fits my price range :)

I have a Cabrinha Prodigy board (im very happy with it), so I would like to hear your sugestions and comments

Thanks and hope to see some of you around here.

Bye! Mente

Cvaradero
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Varadero Town
Pond Road beach NL, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Varadero, Cuba
Pond Road Beach, NL, Canada,
Style: Wake-style/Freestyle/Surf
Gear: OR

Re: Newbie Kite from Cancun, Mexico

Postby Cvaradero » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:04 pm

hello Mente,

considering the little you told about you, i will suggest a board change, with a smaller board you can be ride in stronger winds, about the new kite...umm North and Best both are really good making gear, you will have to try it first and then pick the one it fit and feel better to you. simple as that.

saludos
ch

la_mente
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Isla Blanca, Puerto Morelos, Holbox
Favorite Beaches: Playa del Carmen
Style: Beginner
Gear: Airush Flow 06 14m, Cabrinha Prodigy board

Postby la_mente » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi, well i forgot to mention that I'm 6'5" so I have a 44" board, which its long enough for me. I also like to watch movies and i listen to music. :) ... I have like four months since I began kitesurfing, now i can ride well enough, so i want to take the next step, improve my moves, ride upwind, etc.

I wish i could try every kite i like, but sometimes its not that simple, so thats why im asking for your advice, here in Cancun most of the kiters i've seen use best kites or Airush (maybe because the local kite shops sell mostly these brands), but i've heard many good things about the north, so, with this info, which one is best for me.

Thanks again

Xavier

Cvaradero
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Varadero Town
Pond Road beach NL, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Varadero, Cuba
Pond Road Beach, NL, Canada,
Style: Wake-style/Freestyle/Surf
Gear: OR

Postby Cvaradero » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:44 am

Mente,

there are many good brands in the sport, i sell Best gear now and i can't complain about them, they are good and reliable, years ago i used to ride with north, again they make good gear too, so you have to brands that are good and you can't decide.

i will suggest to look into your pocket and see how much you want to spend or can you spend, then go for the year of the kite. every new year the kites improve a bit more in many aspects, so decide for the newer and the cheepest if you are short of money.

good luck!!
ch

fede
Rare Poster
Local Beach: cancun,
Favorite Beaches: ticla, isla blanca, mirador , chac mol,
Style: agresive
Gear: crsbow 12 , switchblade 16

Postby fede » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:50 am

mente
soy federico de cancun estoy vendiendo lo que estas buscando un bow kite un cabrinha 12 año 2006 en buenas condiciones y la neta me urge venderlo , este viene completo con barra y lo demas q nesesites tengo mas kites un 16 switch blade un 15.5 airrush ,la neta los bow kites si son un pedo completamente diferente a los normales, este tiene rango de aprox desde el 9-14 probado en las playas de cancun respondeme a fmartinez19@gmail.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”