Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Yucatan Quintaroo for 3 weeks..beginner alone..Help pls!

Forum for kitesurfers
karinaonline
Rare Poster
Local Beach: British coastline
Favorite Beaches: Yet to be experienced
Style: Beginner
Gear: On Ebay as we speak..
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Yucatan Quintaroo for 3 weeks..beginner alone..Help pls!

Postby karinaonline » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:10 am

Hi there,

So I got my IKO 2/3 card in my pocket (did a course in Jan)..I am currently checking Ebay to buy a kite(12mt bow shape post 2007 me think). My goal do as much kitesurfing as possible.

Anyhow I will be going from 30th March and I am not too sure how I should do this on a limited budget.

1-Do I need to have a car..? to be able to get to the right beach for the right wind.. or do you know affordable places to stay put for a little while. Holbox sounds good and have a cheap hostel should I head for there first and see whats come you think?(my current plan)

2-When you are staying at hostels is it risky to leave you equipment?

3- Where could I meet other kitesurfers and perhaps hoock up with them?

4- If i wanted to go to isla blanca and stay in a hostel in cancun do i need to hire a car ?

5- Supervision is $30-50/hr is it a necessary phase, any cheaper option you could think of?

Seems that Mexico does not cater much for single travellers..
Many thanks
Last edited by karinaonline on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Re: Yucatan Quintaroo for 3 weeks..beginner alone..Help pls!

Postby frankm1960 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:55 am

I got a 2008 12m Griffin bow kite for sale if you're still looking for a kite. Only has about 4 hrs use on it. PM me for details if interested.

reiley
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Xcalacoco, Xpu-Ha
Favorite Beaches: Holbox, Progreso, Puerto Morelos, Isla Blanca
Gear: 12m waroo, litewave board
Location: Playa Del Carmen, México, 20°39'38.59"N, 87° 2'5.19"O

Re: Yucatan Quintaroo for 3 weeks..beginner alone..Help pls!

Postby reiley » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:50 pm

hi, there, the wind here is very unpredictible, theres many spots, and if you want to go to all you need to have a car, holbox is an island like 2:3o hrs of cancun, isla blanca is like 20min north of cancun and yes you need a car to get there, or playa del carmen i do not recommend, tulum and xpu-ha are good for you, check www.freestyleplaya.com, i do not know anything about a hostel in holbox, i know theres a campground close to the main beach, supervision depends on your skills, in holbox the beach is so big you do not need supervision, you should bring camping stuff and camp at xpu-ha and you can learn there, the spot is ok and theres a school if tou want help :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”