Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Minneapolis

Forum for kitesurfers
PaulPaulMan
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lake Calhoun, Minneapolis, MN.
Favorite Beaches: Delray Beach, FL.
Gear: Havoc generation 3, size 8, 12 & 16
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Minneapolis

Postby PaulPaulMan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi, I'm new to the area and looking for some Minnesota kind peeps to go kiting with. I haven't kited in 9 years, I've been in Colorado and the winds were too variable for my foil kite. I've invested in newer kites now and I'm just about ready to head out. If anyone knows where I can meet some locals I will really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul

islandbound
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Mille Lacs
Favorite Beaches: South Padre, St Lucia - 2 Elements and the Reef, Barbados, Bonaire, Keywest Flats - Smathers beach. Bonaire
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblades and Nomads. 2011-2012. Cabrinha Caliber, Custom, Plasma. Jimmy Lewis Mod3 and Super Mod, Nobile 666
Brand Affiliation: Local Minnesota shop - Cabrinha Rider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Minneapolis

Postby islandbound » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Hey Paul,
Welcome to Minnesota. We have a few local websites where you can connect up with locals and learn all about the area lakes that are good for kiteboarding. The primary website is http://www.lakawa.com/ . There you will find active posts, a lake section, classifieds and advisor section with team riders to answer questions on new kites and possibly set you up on Demo's

Return to “Kitesurfing”