rjajr
Rare Poster
Style: Freeride
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Greetings From Wisconsin

Postby rjajr » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Greetings all from Northeast Wisconsin, I am new to Kiteboarding this spring and I am learning from two experienced riders. I am presently using their equipment while learning. Progression is going well have had good days and rough days. After about 6 sessions I am getting extended rides and going downwind pretty well, have become familiar with the safety features of the equipment and become proficient at water launch and rigging. I am getting scary addicted!!! I mean is it normal to watch wind casts the NOAA website and plan your work schedule around the wind?

Anyway in the end I am seeing that this is a sport full of equipment decisions big and small and as I will soon be investing in equipment I thought this might be a nice spot to garner opinions and information on such things.

For example I just today ordered my own harness. I had been riding my Brother-in-laws and yesterday had a session where the wind came up on me and I was over powered. The waste belt was a tad to small and the inner layer velcro came apart and it rode up very badly. I did the research and decided I want to go to a seat Harness for progression until I am a strong enough rider to switch to a belt. Found some good discussions here that helped me make that call, hopefully it is the right one.

Glad to be here

Bob

Return to “Kitesurfing”