Rare Poster
Gear: Newbie
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newbie from New Jersey

Postby jmgordils » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Hello Guys

I just want to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Jose and I just finished my first kite lesson and I think im hooked into the sport. I'm from the Nothwest part of Jersey (close to lake hopatcong) but live all my life in PR. I am starting to do some reseach of where to go, kite schools, ect. So any information from the locals would be very helpful.

Cheers,

Jose

kite252
Medium Poster

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Postby kite252 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Hey Jose- If you are heading east toward Sandy Hook check in with Green Hat kiting, a know they do lessons and some cool boat trips out into the bay. Also there are some good spots in LBI and if you look up island surf and sail there they will give you some more info. Lots of good spots on the coast but im not too sure about the west part of the state myself :D

jmgordils
Rare Poster

Postby jmgordils » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi Kite252

Thanks for the info! Have you heard of LG kiteboarding? I believe is another school in the area.

kite252
Medium Poster

Postby kite252 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:58 am

I have not....Are they still in operation? I just looked them up and the web site looks a little outdated

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brigantine NJ
Favorite Beaches: Brigantine, LBI, Kite Island NJ, Caberate, Hatteras
Style: Wave/freestyle
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com

Postby IanNJ » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:36 am

Yo man check out the spots here... http://newjerseykiteboarding.com/kiteboardinglocations/

www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com
www.AtlanticKiteboarding.com

Both in dirty jerz... Sandy hook will be your go to spot as it is the close one to you...it can get crowded on a busy day so as of now focus on getting proper leasons.... Green hat is reputable school, New Jersey Kiteboarding (my school) is also fully insured and we teach in multiple locations. We also offer discounts to locals!

FB also has a few groups you can jump into and you can find them on the original link i posted.

Good luck! Call any time with questions 60970902four4 -ian

jmgordils
Rare Poster

Postby jmgordils » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:00 pm

Anyone from the Morris county area?

Return to “Kitesurfing”