Style: freeride, wake style, wave
Gear: Best, slingshot, crazyfly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello fellow kiters...new from Texas

Postby JBZ » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:58 pm

hello all,
thought I should introduce myself and say hello as a newbie, albeit I am not a newbie to kiting. I have been kiting since 2003. learned in the delta (Sherman island in northern California and moved to texas in 2007. now my main riding area is at the Levee in Texas city, near Houston. I ride mostly freeride and wake style but sometimes when there are actually waves here I will ride my surfboard but am really not that good at it.

I started back in the day of C's although my first two kites were Wipika free airs then I moved up to Wipika air blasts. As a beginner back then I was told to get on a North toro and that is where I got most of my first session experience and needless to say beat the crap out of that kite. then I tried one of my buddies Naish X2's later in the season and was hooked. I went out and got an X2 10, 12 and north Rhino 16 and 20. I rode those kites for a few years.

now days I am riding Best TS's and Slingshot RPM's and am seriously considering some switch nitro 4's.
anyways...like most all of you folks on here kiting is not just a hobby but a passion and this is a lifestyle and I am just as stoked on the sport today as I was the day I first laid eyes on it.

cheers

Josh

Return to “Kitesurfing”